Date: 22.1.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 652
Assignmentgeek.dehaorhan.com #Kennedy go to the moon speech

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Kennedy go to the moon speech

Kennedy go to the moon speech

Mar/Sat/2018 | Uncategorized

JFK Moon Speech

JFK s Moon Speech, as presented by the Festival of Curiosity (festivalofcuriosity.ie) during Rick O Shea s panel on JFK s space

JFK RICE MOON SPEECH - ER

Kennedy go to the moon speech

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need -
We choose to go to the Moon - Wikipedia

Benefits of the Teleological theory of morality Essay Sample. The majority of the population, probably including yourself, claims they act #8220;morally#8221;. Many of these people ask other people to act #8220;morally#8221;, but when you ask these #8220;moral#8221; people what morality is they stand there for a minute, and the moon, almost every single person will give you the wrong answer. So what is morality? In brief, morality is a basic set of principles that people follow. A perfect example would be Osama Bin Laden, a man that believes completely in maze essay what he does, and does it to his best. He has his own set of #8220;morals#8221; which he follows perfectly. He is acting morally. On the other hand we have Saddam Hussein; he does not follow any set of standards consistently, and the moon, therefore is essay not considered #8220;moral#8221;. Obviously someone who acts morally may be acting morally according to their set of standards, but in our opinion are very wrong. This is because we have different systems of morality.

There are three major systems of morality: Immanuel Kant#8217;s theory of Deontology, Aristotle#8217;s theory on Virtues, and finally the theory of Utility, or the Utilitarian principles of Teleology. Go To? To start off we have Immanuel Kant, creator of the categorical imperative and the founder of deontological principles. These principles state that one shall do their duty by not lying, not killing, not going to homewrok war, etc. As a basic everyday rule, followers would ask themselves if the go to maxim of the action could be taken as a universal law. Thesis About Power? This is the simple Christian belief that if you do something, then everybody else should be able to do it, or, do unto others as you would wish others to do unto you. On the surface, deontology sure looks like the right way of thinking: you#8217;ll be fine in the moon life if you don#8217;t lie, you don#8217;t kill, you don#8217;t covet, but if you look deeper you see where this theory really could create many problems. As Kant put it, #8220;I will do my duty, though the heavens may fall#8221;. Argumentative Essay? This clearly states, he will not lie, he will not kill, he will do his #8220;duty#8221; even if mankind is wiped off the earth because of it.

Putting our duties in front of our lives, our family#8217;s lives, and even our foe#8217;s lives, not really the right thing to do. Aristotle decided he hadn#8217;t gone far enough with his work so he put together a system of morality called the virtue based system. A system now communicated to kennedy speech us by #8220;The Book of Virtues#8221;, it is what some of the deontological system was based on. In this theory one follows the ocr advancing physics coursework virtues and puts themselves as far back from the vices as possible, if they do this, they will reach Eudemonia, or the happy life, known to Kantians as heaven. When I see this I notice a very glaring problem; though these people act consistent with their moral set of standards, in kennedy speech essence they do not act morally, for they only ocr advancing physics coursework, act the kennedy the moon way they do to reach Eudemonia. Yet another glaring problem would be the fact that if you are under virtuous or over virtuous you can#8217;t reach happiness. This is bad because if you are over perseverant or over ambitions then you are committing a vice, where as Aristotle himself was quite perseverant and by his own theory would be considered vicious. On top of that there is no clear cut rule on what is over virtuous and what is baba essay not virtuous enough.

In conclusion this theory might need to kennedy be looked at mark a bit more. Finally we have the kennedy the moon speech last major type of morality: Teleology. Teleology uses the Principle of Utility or Utilitarianism. This theory states that one does the greatest good for the greatest number. This always makes the majority happy because you#8217;re doing what is power electronics best for them; unfortunately this creates a problem with the minority. Is it worth it to kill 10 people just so you can save a whole town? How about killing 10 people just so 20 others can live? True the whole world does not have a chance of coming to an end like with deontology, and kennedy the moon speech, the rules are very clear cut here unlike the virtue based systems, but can you justify one death for the lives of two other people. About Electronics? Can you justify lying to one person so a handful of others feel good.

But, would we get to those situations if we always followed this theory? Would we be at kennedy war right now with Iraq? It certainly didn#8217;t help the majority. We wouldn#8217;t need to figure out study paper whether to kennedy speech let the hostages die or not, because we wouldn#8217;t be there, and the nobody would have taken the hostages because it wouldn#8217;t have been good for the majority. When we have a set of rules that is scheme best for the majority, it is true that many people feel left out, but if you#8217;re running for president you win, you satisfy more than half the kennedy go to speech people, in all cases you are doing your job to the best of scientific, your ability. Go To The Moon Speech? In conclusion a teleological theory of of the in research, morality set throughout the world would not only be a utilitarian thing to do, but a Kantian thing to kennedy speech do.

Many people would argue that you could become a moral relativist and ocr advancing physics coursework mark, morality would be relative depending on the situation you are in. This would according to the moon the definition of morality make you an immoral person. You would not be following set standards, but multiple sets of standards that would change with the occasion. You certainly wouldn#8217;t have a clear cut set of rules, and you would sooner or later break your own idea of morality because you would have to make a decision in which too many sets of rules would apply. Therefore not only marathi maze baba, being immoral in the definition of morality, but being immoral in your interpretation of morality, therefore making moral relativism an immoral thing. As a final point for the ones of you who either have not noticed, are still in bed sleeping and haven#8217;t understood a word, or you haven#8217;t turned into a utilitarian, start noticing, get out of bed and read this, and speech, turn utilitarian because right here is argumentative a point that not even the kennedy go to the moon speech leaders in the deontological world can take. If you follow deontological rules and don#8217;t give money to spare others lives, because it is wrong to give money out in scope in research paper the form of a bribe, you are causing anti-deontology (if that is a word). Kennedy Go To? You may not be doing something wrong, but you are creating something that is ultimately many times as wrong, the killing of multiple human beings. For people who are followers of deontology choices like that come up every day, they#8217;re trusting the other people follow the same set of moral standards, guess what, you wouldn#8217;t be there if that were the case.

In Utilitarianism you will never find such a problem unless you come upon the problem that neither side benefits. Scope And Limitations Of The Paper? In Deontology what you do can easily cause later contradictions of deontological principles, but in Teleology, that will never come along. Is this the kennedy the moon speech perfect essay for you? Save time and order Benefits of the Teleological theory of marathi essay, morality. essay editing for kennedy speech, only $13.9 per page. Top grades and quality guaranteed! Relevant essay suggestions for Benefits of the Teleological theory of morality.

Clarify the key features of a deontological theory of ethics. To what extent if any do the weaknesses outweigh the strengths of ocr advancing coursework mark scheme, this theory Deontology literally translates as the science#8230; Applying an Ethical Theory. The long debated question of the the moon importance of argumentative, men and women and their roles has raged on for years. Should men and women be treated equally, that truly is kennedy the moon speech the#8230; Teleological ethical theories vs. Deontological ethical theories By: Jesse Coleman. Scientific? There are two theories that have generally been used to analyze ethical questions. Kennedy? They are teleological ethics and deontological ethics. Argumentative Essay? There are similarities and differences between the two that I#8230; Oedipus the King, issues in morality. Sigmund Freud stated the play Oedipus the King is an immoral play and sets aside the individual#8217;s responsibility and social law. Speech? Freud also states that divine forces in the play#8230; Applying an Ethical Theory. Deontology is defined as “the focus on essay caesar, the duties and obligations one has in go to the moon carrying out actions rather than on the consequences of those actions.” (Mosser, 2013).

It may actually#8230; #8220;Famine, Affluence and thesis power electronics, Morality#8221;, article by Peter Singer. In #8220;Famine, Affluence, and Morality#8221; Peter Singer argues that affluent individuals, in fact, almost all of us are living deeply immoral lives by not contributing to the relief and prevention#8230;

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
JFK s Moon Speech Still Resonates, 50 Years Later - Space com

MIS Laboratory – Resources for Tech Faculty and Students MIS Laboratory – Resources for Tech Faculty and Students. Software, curriculum, career, contest, and news resources. Hosted by kennedy speech, Randy Guthrie, PhD – Microsoft Technical Evangelist. How to Get a Job At Microsoft Part II: Writing an 5 paragraph essay on julius caesar, Awesome Resume. by Randy Guthrie Microsoft Academic Developer Evangelist. Over the past few months I visited nine college campuses, attended three conferences and go to speech, conducted a hand-full of marathi baba essay, job interviews, and in the process I’ve seen scores of resumes. Kennedy Speech? One thing I’ve been impressed with is how awful most of scientific essay, them are.

I realize that I am probably jaded by my experience as a career coach and service at a community career center, but still I find it amazing that something that is so critical for getting a job is so poorly understood; particularly by go to, those who need jobs the ocr advancing coursework mark most ie: students seeking internships and new college graduates. The good news is kennedy go to the moon, that if you do even a moderately good job of writing your resume you have a pretty good chance of standing out from and limitations study, your competitors. The Moon Speech? I’ve put off writing this post because it is a daunting task trying to write general guidance that will be useful to most readers, and I’ve struggled how to do this briefly, but I’ve given up and homewrok, apologize in advance for the length of this post and hope most will find something useful in the next few thousand or so words. Let me state that I recognize that there are many ways to write a great resume, and this is just one of those ways, but since this way has always worked so far for the folks I’ve helped, that’s what I’m sticking with. I also recognize that a resume is very personal, and you need to be comfortable with how it looks, so deviation from kennedy the moon speech, this guidance is fine (and necessary) since everyone is different and some situations will need to be handled differently than shown below. If you have questions about a specific type of argumentative, situation ASK IN A COMMENT TO THIS POST and kennedy go to, I promise I will answer in an additional comment or even a follow-up post. Your questions will make this post even more valuable to everyone that reads it. First, some useful links: Resume Workshop Video : This is an animated PowerPoint presentation with my audio commentary that covers the content of thesis about power electronics, this post and more Interviewing Workshop Video: This is an animated PowerPoint presentation with audio commentary on kennedy the moon speech how to prepare for a behavioral interview MIS Laboratory Student Page: lots of useful career links. Now let’s dig in. GENERAL FORMATTING PAGE LENGTH.

One Page Please! Most managers will only look at your resume for 15-20 seconds before deciding whether to essay on julius caesar keep reading or put your resume in what I call “The Big Pile”. If you haven’t hooked the reader by then, you’ve lost the first round to kennedy go to the moon speech someone who can tell their story succinctly. Two or three-page resumes do not increase your chances that the reader will find something interesting, it actually makes it less likely they will find (by scanning) something that they care about. So try to keep it to a page. I’ve never seen someone other than a college professor who needed more than one page to land an homewrok, interview. White Paper Standard Fonts Unless you are a graphic artist, using colored paper, odd shapes fancy type fonts are not going to make the kind of impression that gets an interview. Superficial attempts to differentiate yourself can backfire, because the reader may assume you are childish, unprofessional, or don’t have any meaningful content. Use the same type face throughout, but you can use different sizes and kennedy the moon speech, italics to make it easier to scan. Don’t go smaller than 11 pt font or larger than13 pt font for the main text.

The examples that follow will show when larger and smaller fonts are appropriate. There are two approaches that I like to use. Study In Research? The first is useful if you don’t have a lot of relevant experience and you are trying to fill space. Kennedy The Moon? While one of the examples show the hyperlink in blue, do not use colored ink when printing a paper copy of your resume. Of course if you provide an electronic copy of argumentative essay, your resume, live hyperlinks can be useful and the moon, save the reader time if not used excessively. Your name and contact information should be grouped together.

I personally don’t like having a person’s name on the left and marathi, the contact information on the right. In the example my name is 28pt and contact info is 11pt. You can go as low as nine point, but if space is an option use the two line format on the right. Two additional pieces of advice: (1) use only one phone number, and make sure it is kennedy go to, one where you can get a message (change the recorded greeting if necessary so as to essay caesar project a professional image) and (2) avoid cryptic or childish e-mail addresses, and use only one of those as well. Some career advisors will tell you not to put a career or employment objective statement. My advice is to use one. My reason is kennedy go to the moon speech, simple: I debriefed a recruiter from a major aerospace company after a job fair and he told me that he put any resume he received without a [clear] objective statement in the trash, because his HR department would not know where to route it. Homewrok? So my advice is to use one and make it count.

Here’s how: Your objective statement should say in under ten words the kennedy speech kind of job you are looking for. For example: “Seeking a senior-level account executive position in the Pharmaceutical industry”. Do not use airy, empty, and vague statements that don’t say anything such as “seeking a challenging position with a leading company where my skills and homewrok, strengths can be utilized”. You would be amazed at how many people think that is what you are supposed to kennedy the moon speech write. I saw a resume written just this week that had an scope and limitations of the study paper, objective statement that said “To play a significant role in an organization that aspires to the moon be extraordinary”.

These kinds of statements don’t help and physics coursework mark, can actually delay the reader from learning anything of value about kennedy, you. But What If I’m Qualified for More Than One Kind of Job? If you are going to a career fair, then you should probably take several (three or four or even five) versions of study in research, your resume. Most job fairs will list the the moon companies and the jobs they are recruiting for 5 paragraph caesar, in advance so if you are prepared, then you can know how many versions you should take. For example, you can have different resumes that focus on web development, database, or application development, information security, or telecommunications. If you are applying to a specific company, then you tailor the objective statement (actually the entire resume) for that specific job. If you are applying for an internship or job right out of the moon, college, your education is argumentative essay, your biggest selling point, so it needs to go before any previous work experience. Since most recruiters will know what school they are recruiting from, and name of the school is less important and the college major / minor and date of kennedy speech, completion. Once you’ve graduated and are on the street, then where you went to school is more important than the major.

Here is ocr advancing physics coursework scheme, how I would handle both situations: In these examples, I put the go to speech degree major first, because that is the first thing a recruiter will care about. I also put my my recent (and most impressive!) degree first. Notice I don’t put GPA. There are two reasons: 1) it clutters up the page with less-important information, and scope and limitations study in research paper, 2) unless you graduated with a 4.0, most people won’t think there is much difference between a 3.5 and a 3.8. If your GPA is less than a 3.6, it probably doesn’t differentiate you from others, so leave it off unless an kennedy go to the moon speech, employer requires it. Scope And Limitations Study In Research Paper? If your GPA is under 3.0, then I don’t have to explain why you would leave it off. The Moon? If you graduated with honors, and it says so on your transcript, then by all means mention it as in the first example.

If you college doesn’t award honors, do not make it up, even if your 3.9 GPA would have gotten you honors at a college that awards them. Thesis? If you need to put a GPA in, then I would put it just to the right of the university name. What should I put if I have not graduated yet? This is one of my favorite resume techniques. The minute you start attending school you can put that you are working on a degree, and post your anticipated graduation date. The cool part is that you format it just like these examples, but word the kennedy the moon graduation date a little differently like the “PhD degree” in the example, and put the graduation date in the future! No one is going to be fooled by marathi maze baba, this, so don’t worry about looking like you are trying to get away with something, but what it does do is make your resume subtly look complete.

Plus it does answer the question about what you might be good at. What about other school accomplishments? Where should they go? Great question! If you were the valedictorian, ASB president, or president of a club, then I would list up to three (but probably not more) bullet points underneath the senior project or thesis (if you mentioned one) or university name (if you didn’t). These should be quantified accomplishments in the form I describe in the next section. If you have more than two or three years of work experience in the field you are applying for, then your experience is more important to a potential employer than your education, so once you' are no longer a new college grad, your education goes at the bottom of your resume and this section goes right under the objective. Why?

Because it will be of most interest to the reader and kennedy speech, you want it read during those first precious 20 seconds. Now there are lots of and limitations paper, different ideas floating around about how you should format this section; the most common is to put the date on the left. The fact is that the date is the least important piece of information relating you your employment history. Far more important is what you did, and kennedy go to the moon, then for whom you did it. Thesis Power Electronics? When you did it is kennedy, last. The order that I recommend you present the facts about each job is: Job Title Company Name Employment duration One sentence job description Two - Four Quantified Accomplishments. Most of the resumes I have seen (and written early in my career) were based on thesis power electronics an old formula of describing the job in terms of the formal job description. The problem with this approach that it doesn’t differentiate the writer from everyone else applying for the job. Can you imagine how hard it would be to go to pick someone to interview for a bookkeeping job if every experienced bookkeeper that applied only listed their job duties? Every resume would say almost the exact same thing ! To avoid this problem, and to really make you shine, we write the work experience section so that we focus on quantified accomplishments . This example shows my recommended format, and includes three quantified accomplishment statements.

An accomplishment is “quantified” when you describe it in terms of some quantity. I like to try to get two numbers in each accomplishment if possible. Numbers make your claims more credible, and if you have some kind of big numbers, it can really make a good impression. Don’t over scope of the study paper sell; let the numbers speak for the moon speech, you. If you can describe an about power, accomplishment in go to speech a single line, that is argumentative essay, fantastic. In fact, leaving some information out simply begs the reader to want to know more. Kennedy Go To? If you get invited for thesis about electronics, an interview, you can bet you’ll be asked about these accomplishments, and how can you go wrong talking about something you did that was great? Don’t forget to mention awards and kennedy go to the moon speech, recognitions like Employee of the month three times” or “Top Producer in physics scheme 2008”. Notice also that I have my job title in go to bold and in a larger font. I do that so that it is easier for scope, the reader to visually scan.

Notice also that the company name is in italics. That helps set the different facts apart. The Moon? I have each fact separated by thesis electronics, more than a couple of spaces so that each stands out. Now a bit more about job titles. Sometime you might have an “official” job title that is kennedy the moon, so vague, or even wrong based on what you do. For example, I had three lateral job changes at an aerospace company that did not change my payroll classification, so my managers never bothered to updated my “requisition” to reflect the mark changes in my job title. So if you were to call the HR department and ask what my job title was, they would use the title I was hired at, not the one from the the moon last job I held! So on scope of the my resume, you can bet I use the kennedy go to the moon speech title from the last job I was assigned to, not my “official” job title. The moral of the story is that if your “real” job title is too vague, or even deceptive, do not be afraid to put a more accurate, clear job title on the resume . Example: if you had an homewrok, internship in kennedy go to the moon a finance department, and on julius caesar, your “official” title was “Intern”, do not be afraid to kennedy go to use “Intern-Finance Department”. I try to avoid this section if possible.

It’s much better to talk about the marathi maze essay tools and kennedy go to the moon, skills you know in your accomplishments statements. But if you learned how to do something in ocr advancing class, but haven’t used it on the job, and the job you are applying for wants candidates who have this skill, you need to the moon use this section. But be careful. Here are some recommendations: Do not list skills and on julius caesar, knowledge that almost everyone has. The most common offender here is that you know Microsoft Office. As a recent college graduate, we assume you learned the basic programs.

Stating it here does not differentiate you. Avoid huge long lists using every acronym you can think of speech, ie: ASP.net, C#, C++, PHP, etc. Remember you are targeting each resume for on julius caesar, a particular job, so only list the things a potential employer cares about. Huge list casts doubt on speech which of those you really know. When I see a big list I seriously doubt that the author really has working knowledge of marathi baba essay, all those technologies and his/her credibility really starts to slip. Be accurate in describing your knowledge. At Microsoft, if someone says he/she knows something, 9 times out of 10 we’ll make them prove it in the moon an interview. If you say you know C++, you can bet you’ll be ask to write a bubble sort or something like that in thesis about power C++ on a white board during an interview. If its been 5 years since that Java class and you’ve not written a single line of code since then, don’t say you know Java. Remember, your resume is just supposed to get you invited for go to, an interview, not get you a job offer.

That is what the interview is marathi maze baba essay, for. Go To The Moon? Keep your resume simple and focused on a single job. Keep it to thesis about power electronics a single page. Catch-all, general-purpose resumes DO NOT WORK. Go To? You can send out physics coursework scheme, hundreds of these and kennedy go to the moon, you will never get a single response (I know – I tried it when I was young and inexperienced). On the argumentative other hand, you can send out ten, customized, targeted resumes using the approach outlined here and may get three, five, or even eight responses.

This technique works if you have actually have sometime to offer an employer. Go To Speech? Your resume is a personal statement of who you are from scope and limitations of the study in research paper, a particular point of view. You’ll get all kinds of advice about how to do your resume, but you don’t have to do exactly as everyone tells you. If you feel like you know better, then go with your gut feeling. Lastly, check out the additional (and more detailed) examples and kennedy go to the moon speech, guidance at the links at the top. There really is study in research paper, some good information there that I’ve gleaned from years of kennedy go to speech, coaching students and others to get high-tech jobs in about a competitive job market. And finally, PROOF READ everything many, many times, and kennedy go to the moon, have others look at your resume as well. (career center people are invaluable for this).

Good luck and good job hunting! [Note: an earlier version of this post mysterious lost most of its content, hence this repost] I don’t think the one page resume works in the IT industry if you are experience. I tried that once after reading an essay on julius caesar, article like this and was summarily eviscerated by a recruiter for ruining my resume. The few times I’ve been on the moon the market, my three page resume (4 with references) easily landed me interviews. Of course, I put the vital information on marathi essay the front page in go to a summary section. Working with a recruiter is a different situation. The recruiter wanted every fact he could get his hands on.

He was then going to be the maze baba essay hiring company’s filter. He would look at a job, and then market those parts of your resume that was a good fit. Had you attempted to get an interview with those companies yourself with your long resume, there is a chance they would have quit reading it before they got to the parts they cared about. It is certain that the parts they cared about go to the moon speech, could have fit on a single page, and marathi maze essay, that is the goal. The trick of course is trying to guess from the job listing what a company will consider to be your relevant experience. My son-in-law recently completed a job search, and the moon, I helped with his resume.

His recruiter commented that my son-in-law’s [one page] resume was the scientific essay first he had ever seen that he didn’t feel like it needed fixing. So while I think there are situation where the use of kennedy speech, a longer resume is justified (like college professor jobs), I still believe that an individual applying for jobs is well served by homewrok, a customized, targeted single-page resume. I am a graduate in the Manufacture Engineering field from two colleges and the same degree. One is a 2yr and the other is a 4yr. The problem I am having is that there is never an the moon speech, opening for Entry Level Positions. All the jobs that are available and have gotten in the past are ones that are looking for a candidate with 5-10 years of experience. Since I really only homewrok, have 2 years, my resume is about 3-4 pages long in hopes that I can sell myself for the 8 years I do not have. Kennedy The Moon? Plus about 95% of the time I get calls for possible jobs through recruiters. Argumentative Essay? (Since this is how Industrial jobs are filled) Other jobs that I have on my resume are car mechanic places that show I am mechanical incline and can be more than an kennedy go to speech, office employee.

Every person that has read my resume does not believe that I should eliminate any mechanical experiences that I have. Homewrok? What should I do in kennedy go to speech this case, and should both colleges remain on the resume?? Do you have any full resume examples? I was also wondering if you had any resume templates available for entry-level jobs. I am trying to get either an internship of entry-level part-time job in the marketing field. One of the things you haven’t addressed with experienced workers is how to 5 paragraph on julius handle contract work (which Microsoft apparently believes in for project work.) I know you don’t handle experienced workers so I am probably barking up the wrong tree.

In any event, the kennedy go to speech way I see it, as a contractor I work for myself and subcontract my services. Initially I would list every project I worked on (that sometimes last a week), but realized that this isn’t the way you do it if you work as a full-time consultant. So, now I just list the scope and limitations study paper highlights of these projects under my consulting job. Of course recruiters get mad since they want to see every one listed out. I now looked at kennedy go to speech your video and its all clear. Coursework Mark? I still plan to keep to 1 page. Hi Randy. Kennedy Go To The Moon? this blog is of the study in research paper, pretty impressive, liked it!

I have a question to kennedy speech you. I'm willing to apply for ocr advancing physics coursework, a microsoft full time position in their software development and i'm confused whether to kennedy go to the moon speech submit a one page resume or a multi page one after reading your blog. Can you give me your suggestions? If applying for a Microsoft marketing internship would it be better to use their CV or would it be more appealing to homewrok upload a multimedia resume such as a power point presentation or create a website marketing myself? To be honest, our recruiters only have so much time to give to any one resume (like 20 seconds), and one of the tests of go to, fitness is if a candidate can highlight their strengths concisely on a single page.

I have seen some great resumes that struggled to fill half a page because every word was gold. 5 Paragraph On Julius? In my opinion, a PowerPoint presentation or web page misses the point. One of my favorite examples is that you don't catch a fish by throwing your entire tackle box in the river, you catch a fish by knowing what one fly or lure to use out of kennedy go to the moon, all the stuff in physics coursework your tackle box. Highlight the stuff you have done demonstrates your passion for software development by the moon, what you did outside of class or work assignments. Caesar? Highlight your leadership (active or passive). Highlight the differentiators that relate to the job you area applying for. Put the things that Microsoft will care the kennedy go to the moon speech most about early in your resume rather than later.

Use as few a words as possible. Homewrok? Don't make long lists of computer programs you have used a few times hoping that the key word search will select you. We're smarter than that. Go To The Moon Speech? Highlight awards and recognition you have received. Ocr Advancing Physics Mark Scheme? One of the hottest differentiators right now are apps. We'll talk to kennedy anyone that has published apps in the Windows Store or Windows Phone Marketplace, or iOS or Android stores, particularly if you've had a bunch of downloads or made some real money from them. That kind of third-party evidence is argumentative, very compelling to Microsoft recruiters. I would like to know what you feel the best way to put open source contributions on your resume is. I can't decide whether I should write it in detail similar to a job, or as a bullet point in a personal projects section.

@Karan, Great question. You are definitely thinking about this in kennedy go to speech the right way. My feeling is that you can go either way, depending on scientific argumentative the scope of the contribution. Job History for a big contribution, personal project for a smaller contribution. Using the job history approach, I would use the title Contributer or something similar, and the company as the open source application and the date from the first contribution to the most recent. Then the bullets would be either feature names and number of lines of code, or if it is a major feature, then the bullets would detail your contribution ie: lines of code, rating or other quality measure, number of users of the feature, etc. Hello mam. I went through your article. I am presently pursuing my B.Tech in Computer Science And Engineering . Kennedy Go To? What do I need to do to get a Job at Microsoft?It will be a pleasure to thesis about have a live chat with you mam/ @Subham Soni: Start at http://www.microsoft.com/careers and then select the kennedy the moon speech Student or Recent Grad link.

Then read about the various jobs and how to marathi maze apply for them. Good luck! I like the one page idea and want to convert to it. Kennedy Go To The Moon? The problem is, I want to change industries (out of mortgages into tech, data, SAS sales) but I have had 9 different positions in the last 13 years, due to company closures, career advancement into management, and and limitations paper, banking legislative changes. I know it is critical that I list how my skill-set and accomplishments will translate to the new industry/position, but how do I handle not having the room to list all of kennedy the moon speech, my positions without leaving gaps and raising suspicion that I am leaving something out? I'm not sure how to check back on this post, so if you could be so kind to forward your response to me at scope paper joseph.saylor@comcast.net, I would greatly appreciate it. This article was very well written and kennedy the moon, you are clearly an expert so I look forward to any suggestions or advice you can offer. @Joe Saylor This is 5 paragraph, a case where a cover letter may be necessary to assure the kennedy speech hiring organization that you are not a job-hopper by explaining the homewrok reasons. The goal for the moon speech, you is to caesar show thoughtful career trajectory where each step reflects personal growth. What I would experiment is to think of yourself (for purposes of approaching your resume design) as a consultant with multiple clients over certain period of time. So you cluster by role since I would expect you did more or less the same thing for a couple of speech, different companies.

I might even omit the company name in the first line, and essay on julius caesar, mention multiple companies in the description section. Again, I've never done a resume in exactly this way, but hopefully my sort of thinking out the moon, loud will show you how to approach this. Essay? It might be simpler to just go with two pages and to limit your earlier jobs to one or two lines. Kennedy Go To The Moon Speech? A two-page resume isn't all that bad. Ocr Advancing Scheme? It is definitely better than doing something overly weird or awkward. When we are applying for kennedy go to the moon, interships of companies like microsoft or google,being a second year student of IT what should our resume should contain?

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write this article, it has been a great help to argumentative me as I'm restructuring my resume. When where should I add references? Randy, I have a bunch of kennedy speech, personal projects which I work on and off, all close to my heart, and I work on them because I really really love programming. That of course means some of homewrok, them are not finished, but they are there. Should I then include the github links to them? Randy, should I include personal projects – not academic – on resume too? Impressive and kennedy, useful post!

Should resume include a scanned picture of the writer? and scope and limitations in research, Should the writer include the go to the moon speech projects for which he's not having a certificate and are self made (made only in a hobby practice)? Thank you for your reply. @Umar: My advice about thesis about power, personal projects is to start a business, even if not formally or officially, but list your personal projects as an kennedy go to, employee of your own company. Avoid a pretentious title like CEO or President and use something like Founder and Lead Developer. @ChristNolan: I wouldn't include a picture unless you are applying for a position as a model or acting talent; in that case your agency can advise.

As I advised @Umar above, assume you work for your own company, and mark, list a non-pretentious title and showcase projects (not all of go to the moon speech, them) as appropriate for the position you are applying for. Marathi Maze Baba? Make sure though that you quantify your accomplishments ie: lines of go to the moon, code, special features, downloads and ratings (if an homewrok, app), etc. @Sean: don't add references unless you are specifically asked, and kennedy go to, most companies are moving away from them due to privacy laws and physics coursework, the fact that you aren't going to provide references unless they are good anyway. I just re-read this post now six year later, and I agree with almost all of it except that now I think a longer resume is more acceptable ie: if you need two pages go ahead and spill over onto another page but do try to keep it as short as possible and the moon speech, don't use the thesis about power extra page as an excuse to put every fact about yourself that you can possibly think of. Only go onto a second page if you have gold to put on it. And get an outside opinion to kennedy confirm what you think is gold really is.

How do I get a Microsoft Word 2013 Resume Builder or Template. Hi Randy, Thank you for your advices, A friend recommended a video you had, but it is ocr advancing coursework scheme, no available. Do you know where can I find the video? I really appreciate your thought process and kennedy go to the moon speech, having it explained properly, thank you! The best and most eye catching resumes let you stand out from the crowd. Likewise, I'd love to see those videos that aren't presently working! I'm presently in the process of applying for marathi maze baba, a job for kennedy the moon speech, Microsoft and ocr advancing coursework mark scheme, I'm quite fresh from school. Go To The Moon Speech? This article more than any other so far has been useful, and I'm quite eager to see those links. Thanks for your time! I really found the detail with which you have explained resume making very useful.

I am currently a junior without any work experience and looking to apply for a good summer internship where I get a good learning scope in the fields of Programming and algorithms. As a person with no prior industry experience what do you think my resume should mostly focus on? @Joe Saylor: I think when you have a complicated situation, you either group your experience and list companies and time frames, or list the companies and just go with a longer resume. The secret here is to on julius handle the explanation in kennedy go to the moon speech a cover letter. If you are submitting online, and about power, they don't have a place for a cover letter, then just make the first page of your resume your cover letter and then follow with your resume below. BTW, the resume workshop video links are fixed. The video hoster I used went out of business so I had to migrate. Kennedy The Moon Speech? Cheers, and good luck! – Randy. @Ismael, @Ryno, @Sneha: Thanks for the heads up!

I moved the videos to another hosting site and updated the links. You should be good to go! – Randy. I also have a new blog post on maze baba essay how to add student projects to go to the moon your resume: blogs.msdn.com/…/how-to-add-a-student-project-to-your-resume.aspx. Cheers! – Randy. Randy, should we include any academic publications (conference papers for example) in the resume? Yes, if the thesis power electronics publications directly relate to kennedy go to the job you are applying to.

Publications should absolutely be included in a curriculum vitae (a special kind of resume for professors and researchers), or for any job where publication will be part of the job. If you are applying for essay on julius, a job in industry where your skills are what they are looking for, I would leave out the publications. – Randy.

Academic Proofreading -
We Choose to go to the Moon - YouTube

TOEFL Prep Online Guides and Tips. On the TOEFL Writing section, you’ll be expected to plan and write two essays. But what are those supposed to kennedy speech be about? What types of TOEFL Writing topics will you see? In order to be well prepared and confident on test day, you’ll need thorough understanding of the homewrok, types of kennedy speech TOEFL essay topics you could see on the exam. This guide gives in-depth explanations of every type of TOEFL Writing topic you might see, how to maze approach different types of prompts, and kennedy go to what your essays are expected to include. We end with a set of homewrok 13 unique sample essay prompts, including both TOEFL Independent Writing prompts and Integrated Writing prompts so that you can prepare with high-quality practice problems. An Introduction to the TOEFL Writing Topics.

The TOEFL Writing section is 50 minutes long and contains two tasks: Integrated Writing and Independent Writing. It’s the fourth and final section of the exam. Speech! After this you’re done! You’ll type both essays on the computer, but you can use scratch paper to jot down notes and plan out 5 paragraph on julius caesar, your essays. In the next two sections, we’ll explain the kennedy go to the moon, format of the two Writing tasks and give an official sample question, along with an analysis of the common types of topics and strategies for scientific argumentative essay doing well on each task. The Integrated Writing task requires you to use listening, reading, and writing skills. For this task, you’ll have three minutes to kennedy go to speech read a short passage, then you will listen to a short (approximately two-minute long) audio clip of essay on julius caesar a speaker discussing the same topic the written passage covers. You’ll need to write an essay that references both of these sources in kennedy order to answer the homewrok, question. You won’t discuss your own opinion for this essay. During the writing time, you’ll be able to look at kennedy, the written passage again, but you won’t be able to re-hear the audio clip.

You’ll be able to take notes while you listen to it though. By the way: we have created the world's best online TOEFL course that automatically identifies and improves your weaknesses on the TOEFL. Argumentative! Want to get personal feedback on go to the moon speech, your Speaking? Confused about Reading? PrepScholar guides you, step by step to conquer TOEFL.

I want to be clear - you don't NEED a TOEFL course to get a great TOEFL score. But we believe PrepScholar is the world's best TOEFL course right now , especially if you are nervous about the TOEFL and ocr advancing physics scheme have struggled to increase your score and don't know how to improve anymore. Writing Time: 20 minutes Suggested Essay Length: 150-225 words. Official Integrated Writing Prompt Sample. In an effort to encourage ecologically sustainable forestry practices, an international organization started issuing certificates to kennedy go to wood companies that meet high ecological standards by conserving resources and recycling materials. Companies that receive this certification can attract customers by advertising their products as “ecocertified.” However, it is homewrok, unlikely that wood companies in the United States will do the same, for several reasons. First, American consumers are exposed to so much advertising that they would not value or even pay attention to the ecocertification label. Because so many mediocre products are labelled as “new” or “improved,” American consumers do not place much trust in advertising claims in general. Second, ecocertified wood will be more expensive than uncertified wood because in order to kennedy earn ecocertification, a wood company must pay to have its business examined by argumentative essay a certification agency.

This additional cost gets passed on to consumers. American consumers tend to kennedy go to speech be strongly motivated by price, and essay therefore they are likely to choose cheaper uncertified wood products. Kennedy Go To The Moon Speech! Accordingly, American wood companies will prefer to keep their prices low rather than obtain ecocertification. Third, although some people claim that it always makes good business sense for American companies to keep up with the developments in scientific argumentative essay the rest of the world, this argument is not convincing. Pursuing certification would make sense for American wood companies only if they marketed most of their products abroad. But this is not the case– American wood businesses sell most of their products in kennedy go to the United States, catering to scientific a very large customer base that is satisfied with the merchandise. Directions: Below is the transcript. Narrator: Now listen to part of a lecture on the topic you just read about.

Professor: Well, despite what many people say, there’s good reason to think that many American wood companies will eventually seek ecocertification for their wood products. First off, consumers in kennedy speech the United States don’t treat all advertising the same. They distinguish between advertising claims that companies make about study in research, their own products and claims made by independent certification agencies. Americans have a lot of confidence in independent consumer agencies. Thus, ecologically minded Americans are likely to react very favorably to wood products ecologically certified by an independent organization with an international reputation for trustworthiness.

Second point–of course it’s true that American consumers care a lot about price– who doesn’t? But studies of how consumers make decisions show that price alone determines consumers’ decisions only when the price of go to speech one competing product is much higher or lower than another. When the price difference between the two products is small–say, less than five percent, as is the case with certified wood– Americans often do choose on factors other than price. And Americans are becoming increasingly convinced of the value of preserving and protecting the environment. And third, US wood companies should definitely pay attention to what’s going on in the wood business internationally, not because of marathi baba foreign consumers, but because of foreign competition. Go To The Moon! As I just told you, there’s a good chance that many American consumers will be interested in 5 paragraph on julius caesar ecocertified products. And guess what, if American companies are slow at capturing those customers, you can be sure that foreign companies will soon start crowding into the American market, offering ecocertified wood that domestic companies don’t. Directions: Give yourself 20 minutes to kennedy go to the moon plan and write your response. Your response is scientific, judged on the quality of the writing and how well it presents the points in kennedy go to speech the lecture and their relationship to the reading passage. Typically, an effective response will be 150 to 225 words.

You may view the reading passage while you respond. RESPONSE TIME: 20 minutes. Summarize the 5 paragraph on julius, points made in the lecture, being sure to kennedy the moon speech explain how they cast doubt on specific points made in the reading passage. We've written a guide about the top 5 strategies you must be using to have a shot at getting your target TOEFL score. Download it for free now: What to Expect From TOEFL Integrated Writing Topics.

The written passage and audio recording can be on pretty much any subject, but the maze baba essay, good news is that all the kennedy go to speech, prompts for the Integrated Writing Task are pretty similar. They usually ask you to summarize the scientific argumentative essay, points made in go to speech the lecture and compare/contrast them to points made in the reading passage. You won’t be discussing your own opinion during this essay, instead you’ll be taking information from both the lecture and reading and analyzing it. How to Approach the marathi baba, Integrated Writing Task. Before you even begin the essay, you should take good notes on the key points of the reading passage and the audio clip. Your notes should be especially good for the audio clip since you won’t be able to hear it again. Using your notes as reference, your essay should recap each of the main points made in the audio clip. For each point you should clearly describe how it contrasts with or challenges points from the reading passage.

Also, remember to use specific examples to strengthen your essay. Refer back to your notes and the reading passage if need be. However, don’t just copy portions of the audio clip or passage into your essay; that doesn’t show your English skills. Always rewrite the main ideas in your own words. Again, remember that you shouldn’t be including your own opinion in go to this essay. Stick only to coursework scheme what the kennedy go to, reading passage and paper audio clip cover. For the Independent Writing task, you’ll receive a question on a particular topic or issue. You’ll need to write a response to that topic that explains your opinion, and you’ll also need to give reasons and examples that support your opinion.

Writing Time: 30 minutes Suggested Essay Length: At least 300 words. Official Independent Writing Prompt Sample. Directions: Read the question below. Kennedy Go To The Moon! Give yourself 30 minutes to about power electronics plan, write, and revise your essay. Go To The Moon! Typically, an 5 paragraph on julius caesar effective response will contain a minimum of 300 words. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Television advertising directed toward young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed. Use specific reasons and the moon speech examples to support your answer. What to Expect From TOEFL Independent Writing Topics. TOEFL Independent Writing topics generally fit into one of three categories. There are example problems for maze baba essay each of these categories in the moon speech the next section.

This is the most common prompt type for the Independent Writing Task, and the sample question above is an example of ocr advancing physics coursework scheme it. For this type of prompt, you’ll be presented with two sides of an go to speech argument. You’ll need to pick one side and give specific reasons and ocr advancing mark scheme examples that support your opinion. Want to improve your TOEFL score by 15 points? We have the world's leading TOEFL course. Built by world-class instructors from Harvard and MIT, the program combines machine learning and human feedback to identify the fastest way to kennedy go to hit your target TOEFL score. Try our 5-day full access trial for free: This is similar to the first type of prompt, except you’ll be discussing both sides, rather than choosing one you think is best.

Many times these types of and limitations of the study prompts will ask you to compare the advantages and disadvantages of an issue and give examples to support your statements. If the sample question above followed this type of speech format, the marathi maze baba, prompt would be something like this: “Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of kennedy go to the moon speech allowing television advertising to be directed toward young children (aged two to five). Use specific reasons and examples to scientific support your answer.” Type 3: Pick a Stance From Many Options. This category is rarer, but you still may see it on TOEFL Writing. The TOEFL Independent Writing topics give you a broad topic with many possible opinions and ask for your stance on it. If the sample question followed this type of format, the go to, prompt would be similar to: “Which age group do you believe the scheme, majority of television advertising should be directed towards? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.” How to Approach the Independent Writing Task. Depending on the type of prompt you receive, you’ll either choose an opinion (from two options or many options) or explain both sides of an issue. For this essay, each paragraph should be devoted to making one main point, and the moon each point should be supported with specific reasons and examples to thesis about electronics back it up.

If you’re being asked to describe your opinion, make it clear within the first paragraph of your essay. There should be no doubt as to how you feel about the topic. Also, even though ETS states that a 300-word essay is the “recommended minimum” length for this task, don’t feel like you need to write hundreds of words after you reach the 300 mark in order to get a high score. Longer isn’t always better. It’s very possible (and common) for Independent Writing essays that are only 300 words or slightly longer to the moon receive high scores. Completing practice essays and thesis about becoming more familiar with the types of questions you could be asked is a key part of preparing for TOEFL Writing. There numerous practice TOEFL questions available, but you’ll likely want more to practice with.

To help you out, we’ve come up with 13 practice TOEFL Writing topics for both the Integrated and Independent Writing Tasks. Remember that on the real exam the conversations for the Integrated Writing Tasks would be audio recordings that you’d be listening to as opposed to reading. Do you agree or disagree with the speech, following statement? When people solve problems as a group, they come up with better solutions that if they were to baba essay try to go to solve the problem individually. Use specific reasons and scope study in research examples to support your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All children should be required to take a foreign language class from the time they start school until they begin university. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Do you agree or disagree with the go to speech, following statement? Technology has made it easier for people to connect on a deeper level. Use specific reasons and examples to caesar support your answer.

Some people believe school cafeterias should stop selling soft drinks and other high-sugar drinks, while others think students should have a choice in what they drink. Which option do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Some high school students are delaying college for a year in order to kennedy the moon take a gap year where pursue other opportunities such as work or travel. Marathi Essay! Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of kennedy the moon gap years.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. On Julius! Compare the advantages and disadvantages of requiring college freshman to kennedy the moon speech complete at least a year of 5 paragraph essay on julius caesar college classes before selecting a major versus having them choose right away. Speech! Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in a large city versus living in a small town. Argumentative Essay! Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of kennedy go to speech studying on your own versus studying with a group of people.

Use specific reasons and examples to 5 paragraph essay support your answer. #3: Pick a Stance From Many Options. Imagine that there is a large piece of go to the moon vacant land in essay on julius caesar your town. What is the speech, best way to make use of it? Use specific reasons and examples to 5 paragraph on julius support your answer. What do you believe is the most important problem facing the world today? Why is it the kennedy go to the moon, most important? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. If you could learn one new skill you’ve never had the opportunity to try before, what skill would it be? Explain your choice by using specific reasons and examples.

What are the main qualities of a good boss? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Directions: Read the argumentative, following passage and the lecture that follows. On the real TOEFL, you’ll have three minutes to read the passage. Then, answer the question below.

Want to improve your TOEFL score by 15+ points? Check out our bes online TOEFL course. We guarantee your money back if you don't improve your TOEFL score by 15 points or more. Check out go to the moon speech, our 5-day free trial now: Driverless cars are increasingly being seen as the essay caesar, way of the future.

They will eliminate many of the hassles and dangers associated with traditional driving and pave the way for go to the moon this new technology to become commonplace. Perhaps the biggest benefit of driverless cars is that they will drastically cut down on coursework, human error that results in go to the moon millions of people being injured or killed every year in car accidents. Driverless cars won’t forget to notice a stop sign, get distracted while texting, not notice the car up ahead has slowed down, or any other of a myriad of driver errors that occur every day. Once driverless cars become commonplace on our roads, thousands of lives will be saved a year. Another benefit is that driverless cars will cut down on scope of the study in research, driving time and make commutes shorter. Kennedy Speech! Cars with automated driving will travel at a more consistent and maze essay efficient rate than cars with human drivers, who tend to use the brake and gas pedals more often than necessary. Kennedy The Moon Speech! Driverless cars know the exact speed to marathi maze baba essay go in order to get to the destination as quickly as possible, based on speed limits, traffic, and other conditions, and the more driverless cars there are on the road, the more travel time will be reduced. Finally, driverless cars allow people who would normally be driving to focus their attention on kennedy go to the moon speech, a task that’s more interesting and important to them.

They may choose to check their emails, get absorbed in an audiobook or podcast, or enjoy a snack, among other possibilities. Having a driverless car will help former drivers make better use of their time. Professor: Despite the recent attention this subject has gotten in the news and on social media, driverless cars are not the world-changing technology they are being advertised as. They have significant drawbacks, and even if those are ironed out, they will still not offer all the benefits that they are advertising. First and foremost, even if every car on the street became driverless, that does not mean automobile accidents would suddenly end. Automated driving technology, like all technology can and will fail at times. Homewrok! In fact, even though there are few driverless cars currently on the road, they have already been associated with multiple accidents, injuries, and kennedy the moon speech deaths. Automated driving will always be an ocr advancing physics coursework mark imperfect technology, and it will also lack the human mind’s ability to analyze a situation and make split-second decisions which are often necessary to avoid accidents.

Another falsehood is the belief that driverless cars will make commutes significantly shorter. Driverless cars may be able to reduce a lot of the speed up/hit the brakes patterns human drivers engage in, however, driverless cars cannot do anything to go to the moon speech change speed limits, road conditions, traffic, or other factors that contribute to commute times. As such, any reductions in driving times will be small, at best. And third, many people believe that, with driverless cars, drivers won’t need to pay attention to the road at all. They’ll be free to watch a movie or read a book while driving! However, this is completely false. Coursework Mark! The person sitting in the driver’s seat of an automated driving vehicle will still need to pay attention to the road at all times in order to be alert for any situations where they need to override the automated driving technology. This means that, not only will driverless cars mean drivers can do something else while in kennedy the moon the car, they’ll have to suffer through the boredom of passively watching their car make all the decisions without taking their eyes off the road. Summarize the 5 paragraph essay, points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on specific points made in kennedy go to the moon the reading passage. Review: What Will You See on TOEFL Writing Topics? Knowing what to expect from the TOEFL essay topics will go a long way towards helping you write high-scoring essays.

There are two essays on essay, this section, the Integrated Writing Task and the moon the Independent Writing Task. Integrated Writing topics provide you with an article to read and a lecture or conversation to listen to and then ask you to scientific essay combine information from the go to speech, two. TOEFL Independent Writing topics simply give you an idea or theory and ask for your perspective on it. Completing practice essays will help you become better at understanding and answering TOEFL Writing topics. You should practice writing appropriately long responses that clearly outline your thoughts and support them with specific details. Looking for scientific essay more information on the TOEFL Writing section? Learn all the tips you need to go to know in homewrok order to ace TOEFL Writing!

Looking for a great TOEFL prep book? A good prep book can be the most important study tool you use, and we have information on kennedy the moon speech, all the best TOEFL prep books you should consider. Ready to ocr advancing improve your TOEFL score by 15 points? We've written a guide about the top 5 strategies you must be using to have a shot at kennedy the moon speech, improving your score. Download it for coursework free now: Christine graduated from kennedy go to, Michigan State University with degrees in Environmental Biology and Geography and received her Master's from 5 paragraph caesar, Duke University. In high school she scored in go to the 99th percentile on the SAT and was named a National Merit Finalist. She has taught English and biology in several countries. View all posts by Christine Sarikas. 1 thought on thesis about electronics, “13 TOEFL Writing Topics to kennedy the moon speech Help You Practice for the Exam” Good tips and scope study in research suggestions always come from people who have in depth understandings and analyses that they have acquired through time and experience about kennedy the moon, a particular subject- in this case the physics coursework mark scheme, TOEFL.

I have personally benefited from such tips and suggestions and its my opinion that any one who have never appeared on the TOEFL ought to seek and follow these guidelines. Going through tips on this site I strongly believe they are realistic and if a person wants to get his/her required scores on kennedy go to the moon, his/her first TOEFL test, he/she should act upon these tips. Get FREE tips to start mastering the TOEFL today. Join our Facebook TOEFL Study Group! Read Our Top 10 Favorite TOEFL Guides. Applying to US Schools (6) English Language Learning (3) TOEFL General Info (26) TOEFL Listening (3) TOEFL Logistics (5) TOEFL Prep (18) TOEFL Reading (4) TOEFL Speaking (6) TOEFL Writing (7) © PrepScholar 2013-2017. All rights reserved.

GRE ® and about TOEFL ® are registered trademarks of the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The ETS does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site. GMAT ® is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council ® (GMAC ® ). The GMAC does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site.

Write My Paper -
We choose to go to the Moon - Wikipedia

5 Tips for speech, Creating a Photo Essay with a Purpose. Scope Of The In Research! As a photographer, you are a storyteller. Go To Speech! The nouns are your subject matter; the verbs are the color and contrast that keep the story moving. A cast of characters all working together to get your point across. Instead of proper grammar, you ensure proper exposure. Instead of spelling errors, you watch for tack-sharp focus. Essay! For those times when the story is kennedy the moon especially important and meaningful, or for when one image doesn’t say it all, there is the photographic essay. Argumentative Essay! With blogging and social media, photo essays are more popular than ever: humorous or emotionally relevant, sparking debate or encouraging compassion, each with a story to tell. I’ve mentioned before that taking on a photo project is one of my favorite ways to reignite my love for the moon, photography, but beyond that, it’s a great way to get your message across and have your work seen by a larger group. Homewrok! A photo essay is intriguing; it’s something to go to the moon, talk about about power, after people hear that you’re a photographer and want to know about the glitz and glamour of it all. It’s the kennedy the moon speech perfect thing to tell them after you’re done going on thesis electronics, and on go to speech, about all of the red carpets, the celebrities, the fame, and the fortune.

It also can be extremely satisfying and kick-start your creative wonderment. By definition, a photographic essay is a set or series of photographs intended to maze baba essay, tell a story or evoke emotions. It can be only images, images with captions, or images with full text. In short, it can be almost anything you want it to be. Go To! Which is where I struggle mostwhen the argumentative options are limitless. In this freelance world we live in, I love a little guidance, a little direction.

Ideally, someone to tell me exactly what they want and promise to be thrilled with whatever I produce, for my fragile artist ego can’t take any less. While I continue my quest for that, I offer you these 5 tips for creating your own, completely without bounds, photographic essay: Each time I’ve had a very specific concept in mind before I started shooting, it’s never been the end result. An example: for speech, a hot minute, I offered a “day in the life” session to my clients. I was photographing so many of the same clients year after year that I wanted to be able to maze baba, offer them a different spin on the portrait sessions I was doing for them. I asked a long-time client if her family could be my guinea pigs for this and told them that we could do whatever they wanted. We went out for ice cream, had a mini dance party in their living room, and kennedy go to speech I photographed a tooth that had been lost that very morning. Then, very last, I photographed the two young daughters with notes they had written, which to homewrok, be honest, I’m not even sure how they had come about.

I rushed home after the session and edited those last note pictures first just because they were so different from kennedy go to what I usually shoot, and posted them on my personal Facebook page the heading Notes Girls Write . Within minutes a dear friend, and fellow photographer, commented that this was big. Homewrok! Bigger than just the two pictures. She and I would spend the next year working on go to speech, a photo essay that became a blog, that in turn became a book entitled Notes Girls Write . We photographed hundreds of women of all ages with their notes, each one later expressing having their portrait taken with their own words was an extremely powerful moment for them. Beyond my beautiful children, the fact that I can make a bed with hospital corners like no one’s business, and the award I won in the 4th grade for scientific argumentative essay, “Most Patient”, Notes Girls Write is one of my proudest accomplishments. It evolved on its own, starting from a few similar photographs that struck a cord in viewers and becoming a large and powerful project, one of the biggest markers in my career so far. TIP: Don’t be so set in kennedy the moon speech your idea that your project can’t outgrow your original concept. Your images will guide you to your end result, which may end up being different than you originally envisioned it.

2) If you think there’s something there, there’s likely something there. Homewrok! For the last year I have been a “foster mom” with a dog rescue group. Go To! Volunteers transport dogs that would otherwise be put down from overpopulated shelters, or seized from 5 paragraph essay on julius terrible situations, to kennedy go to the moon, my area, where dog adoption rates are much higher. These dogs live in study foster homes while they receive medical care and basic training so that they can be adopted out to loving homes. It’s incredibly rewarding. Especially when I had hardwood floors. The Moon! I knew from the first time I met the coursework mark transport van I wanted to kennedy the moon, document what it looked like: a van full of homewrok dogs that just narrowly escaped death arriving to kennedy go to the moon, temporary homes where they will experience a level of scope of the study paper love and care which they’ve likely never known.

I tear-up every time I see it. I am also put to work every time I am there, so taking photos while holding onto a 100 pound German Shepard is tough. It’s going to take me several trips to have enough images to do anything with, but that’s fine. I have no idea what I will be doing with these photos. I know they will find a home somewhere: maybe with the rescue group to raise awareness, or to help bring in kennedy go to the moon volunteers, or maybe they will do nothing more than document my own story with volunteering, or perhaps something more.

I’m not sure yet, but the essay point is that I have the images, ready for their time, whenever that is. Go To Speech! TIP: If you think there is something to it, there likely is. Even if it’s just a personal passion project. 5 Paragraph Essay Caesar! Take photos until you find the direction or purpose and the moon speech save them until your essay takes shape. Scope And Limitations Of The Paper! You may not end up using all, or any of the go to images, but in continuing to take photographs, your project will be defined.

I’m the “World’s Worst Over-Shooter”. Need one image? Let me take a hundred so we know we have it. Luckily for my bad habit, the photographic essay needs over shooting. Whether you know what your plan is, or have no idea want your end result will look like, the more coverage you have, the better. This is one of the few times I push my luck and ask my subjects to marathi essay, work for me until they never want to kennedy, see me again (I only photograph people though, so if you are photographing mountains or something, you have the added advantage of and limitations of the study in research not pushing people until they cry or yell). Don’t be shy. Shoot everything you know you don’t need, just in case you need it. Should your end product need supporting images or take a different direction than you originally thought, you’ll be ready. Take advantage of digital (if that’s how you shoot) and fill a memory card.

You may end up trashing everything, or you may not. I had no idea that my Notes Girls Write project would span for the moon, as long as it did, but because I didn’t turn down anyone who was interested in the very beginning I ended up with some shots that told complete stories and expanded on the original concept. TIP: Think big. If you are shooting an essay where mountains are your subject matter, see the mountain in pieces and photograph the surrounding trees, rocks, and whatever else. This will save you having to return to the beginning of the project for supporting shots, or having to reshoot if your essay takes a different turn than you planned. 4) Ask for help with image selection. I struggle with this oneI let my personal feelings get involved. About Electronics! Throughout our Notes Girls Write project I was constantly picking images based on my personal feelingsthe subjects that I had connected with more, and the girls that I knew were most interested in the project. This is kennedy go to the moon speech where it is so helpful to have someone else help.

Someone who has no personal feelings towards the of the in research paper images and will help you pick based only on the strength of the image and not your own feelings. Even if people were not involved as subjects, you tend to have personal feelings toward images that the general public may not see the the moon power behind. 5 Paragraph On Julius! I recently photographed several dozen sexual assault survivors as part of kennedy speech a photographic essay for a victim advocacy’s annual gallery show. This event is meant to put faces on the survivors and raise awareness, and has been a large local event for years. I was thrilled to be selected to be the exclusive photographer, though this was one of the hardest projects I’ve ever taken on. Physics Coursework Scheme! The photo sessions themselves, whether five minutes or 30, were extremely emotional for the survivors and in the time I spent with them, I often learned a lot about their journey and experience. This made it difficult for me to pick which final images would be used for the show, based only on the power of the image and not my personal feelings. In the end several select friends helped me narrow each survivor’s images down, and the subjects themselves selected which would be the final image used, as ultimately this is their story. TIP: All creative work is personal, and looking at photographs we take ourselves is kennedy go to incredibly hard to scope of the study, do with clear eyes.

We see the mistakes, the personal feelings, the shot that could have been better. It’s impossible to always set these aside so when working on a project that is incredibly important to you, or large in scale. Have others help you decide what images to use for your final pieces. Bring in kennedy go to the moon speech people who are interested in photography and people that aren’t. Homewrok! People that know about your subject matter and people that don’t understand it at all. But above all, bring in people who will be honest and speech not tip-toe around your feelings. Lastly, also bring a thick skin. Physics! 5) Tell your story, in kennedy speech fact shout it from the rooftops if you can. Marathi! Maybe your original idea for your photographic essay was to post it on your blog.

Awesome, nothing wrong with that, but are you sure it can’t be more? Shop it around, who can it help? Does this benefit a group, an organization, or a person? Could it inspire people? If you feel passionately about the kennedy the moon speech photos, chances are that someone else will too. Scientific! Your photographic eye doesn’t stop when your shooting is kennedy the moon speech done. If you felt compelled to take the time to create a photographic essay, there are likely “readers” for your story. Scientific Argumentative! TIP: This isn’t the time to be humble. Taking on a photo essay is a large endeavour. While there’s nothing wrong with having it be something you only did for your own personal growth, showing it around can be helpful both in experience and kennedy longterm benefit. Post it on social media, find appropriate places your essay could be displayed, and of the study in research paper think about how it helped you.

Every single photo essay I have done has led to the moon, an outstanding connection, or more work, and there is nothing wrong with getting those things along with the homewrok personal gain of accomplishing something you’re proud of. The ideas are truly for kennedy go to speech, a photographic essay are limitless. Argumentative Essay! Truly. Want a few more ideas for projects, try these? Have you ever done a photographic essay? What is your experience? Share with in the comments if you have, or have considered it. If you haven’t, what are you waiting for? Read more from kennedy go to our Tips Tutorials category. Lynsey Mattingly photographs families, kids, couples, and other groups of people who, for whatever reason, kind of like each other. Her portrait work has been featured in People Magazine, Us Weekly, BBC Magazine, and on national TV including CNN, Oprah, and Ellen, but most importantly, in the personal galleries of clients across the country.

Her photography can be viewed at www.lynseymattingly.com or on Facebook. Excellent post Lynsey. I suffer from the same challenges as you in tip #4. I get caught up in my personal meaning behind some of my pictures. Apparently, others feel the scope of the same way. The Moon! http://www.picture-power.com/my-most-powerful-picture.html. I have an idea for a photo essay I wanted to pursue, this article helped grow it further. Thank you. Wonderful article.

I liked the power electronics picture for #3. This is the main reason why I think a blog is a much more interesting format than a photo sharing site such as flickr or 500px to show your work; for me, the images are just part of the story, but the words and texts can help define them, giving them context and go to the moon speech body. For me, an image rarely works alone and usually comes in a set with a particular rhythm and flow; what precedes and what follows is on julius caesar a very important element of each capture, as well. Kennedy Speech! One example from my blog, a short walk that I took recently along a humble neighborhood in Bangkok: I think the issue in Tip #4 is common to all creative endeavors: We all get too close to the material. Of The In Research Paper! In a previous life, I was a writer and go to speech editor, but when it came time for me to scientific essay, edit my own stuff, I had somebody else look at it. We have too much of ourselves tied up in the work to be objective sometimes. Kennedy! Wonderful article, thank you #128578; some of the examples are awesome and thought-filling. Thank-you for ocr advancing coursework scheme, telling me about this!! It pretty much rocks. I am so glad that I came across this article this morning. I am no pro kennedy speech photographer but just someone who loves capturing images to share.

I have been asked to volunteer my time to mark scheme, capture a group of the moon students in Beijing, who would be traveling to Xian, the home of the terracotta warriors, to help out in scope study paper a orphanage just 2 weeks from now. I have never done this before. They are not expecting much. Just pictures for the event. However, I wanted to tell a story. A story of these volunteers as well as the orphans and kennedy go to speech I have been struggling over the past week of whether is that what I should do. After reading this article, I know that I am on homewrok, the right path and the moon speech hopefully help not to take pictures of people, but take pictures of the story behind the essay caesar people. Thank you again very much.

This is my first opportunity to use my hobby for go to the moon speech, a good cause, and homewrok I am very excited about kennedy go to, it. Thank you again for this great article. Really good points and very motivational to argumentative, get me on a riveting photo essay again. I did attempt one such photographic essay which I titled #8220;The World of Weeds.#8221; Would appreciate a few visits with any helpful comments or critiques. It#8217;s over at one of my blogs and can be found here: http://thegoldenumber.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-world-of-weeds.html. you have some beautiful images there, but I would keep the focus similar. the shift in kennedy speech focus from 1, 2, 3 and 5 is radical. 5 the green plant on the corner and then 7 seems another sudden change. The drain-pipe is beautiful because the eye follows the path of the scientific essay pipe and so tightly focused.

It seems to be erratic because you have the wonderful still life of dried plants against kennedy the moon speech nearly solid backdrops like walls and then sudden change to green plants that don#8217;t seem to have the same focus.. 5 Paragraph On Julius! but the dried plants and the moon speech wall work, the drain beautiful and interesting. The green plants against walls work well with dried plants because they have similar conceptual style. Overall, is interesting group and should be developed some more. I recently completed my first photo essay as an eBook. It took me a long time to figure out how to about power, work with iBooks Author, but it was a great platform to construct such a vehicle to go to the moon, display digital photographs in a meaningful way. Thesis About! Unfortunately, it only publishes to iBooks, which translates, effectively, to having the the moon speech eBook only on iPads. Scope Of The In Research Paper! Photo essays in kennedy go to the moon black and white.

This post inspired me to marathi baba, start my website of kennedy go to photo essays. My current ongoing series is about a band I went on tour with and the different things I learned and about electronics encountered: http://www.quietandconstant.com/on-tour-with-lemuria-part-1/ I recently made a photo essay which was published in a mainstream web portal so I#8217;m quite happy about that. I agree that sometimes, photographs have to go to, be put in context by using words to string them together. Also believe that any subject can be turned into a photo essay. The Photo Essay is a piece where its the photographer#8217;s voice through and through. Landscape Photography Tips. On Julius! Photo Composition Tips. Beginner Photography Tips.

2006 - 2017 Digital Photography School, All Rights Reserved / Disclaimer. Thanks for subscribing! DPS NEWSLETTER Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download. DPS NEWSLETTER All our best articles for the week Fun photographic challenges Special offers and discounts. Kennedy The Moon Speech! DPS NEWSLETTER All our best articles for the week Fun photographic challenges Special offers and discounts Your email is safe with us. We won't share it with anyone. Ebook Guaranteed for marathi baba essay, 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download.

Ebook Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by go to PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download. Ebook Guaranteed for essay on julius, 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download. PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download GET DAILY free tips, news and reviews via our RSS Feed Sign up to the free. PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by kennedy go to the moon speech PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download GET DAILY free tips, news and reviews via our RSS Feed Sign up to the free. PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE Guaranteed for physics mark, 2 full months Pay by kennedy go to speech PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download.

Buy Essay Online -
JFK RICE MOON SPEECH - ER

essay on portugal Posted on 22 April 2014. “To study is to learn, to understand, and to know, though not necessarily to approve, condone, or accept.” It is in the spirit of this anonymous, undated motto that the following essay was undertaken and is now offered. — G.M. One need not consult Abraham Roback’s Dictionary of International Slurs , published in 1944 during World War II, to recognize that the most compact and kennedy speech thus most efficient form for the ethnic or racial slur, if you will, is the “name”; thus you have “Cink,” “Jap,” “Frog,” “Kraut,” “Kike,” “Spick,” and so on.

In Tennessee Williams’ play A Streetcar Named Desire (1947) Stanley Kowalski will set straight Blanche Dubois, his sister-in-law, when she refers to Polish people as “Polacks” by instructing her that people from Poland are “Poles,” not “Polacks.” Italians, however, are the beneficiaries of several slurring names, such as “Wop,” “Dago,” “Guinea,” and “Guido,” among others. Of course, the Portuguese have not been exempt from such slurring. They have been baptized with the insulting name “Portugee,” in its varied spellings, each of which employs the marathi maze essay vowel signifying the writer’s choice or ignorance. Yet, as its history of usage show, the word was not always used to insult or injure, especially in its beginnings. Vagrancy is a crime unknown in the Azores, it being the natural habit of the kennedy go to speech population. Cincinnati Daily Enquirer (1872); San Francisco Evening Bulletin (1872) Of one very noticeable feature of the present commercial convulsion, we really have some reason to be, as a people, ashamed.

After vaunting, for years, in and limitations of the study, the face of all mankind, our wonderful ‘practical sense,’ and our unparalleled cleverness in regard to the moon speech, things material, we no sooner find ourselves in the midst of a financial storm, than we lose our wits and homewrok set up a confused outcry of incoherent exclamations, which would disgrace a Portuguese crew driving on a lee shore. Nobody can be found to take or to hold the helm… New York Times (1857) The Spaniards and Portuguese have, more perhaps than any other people, been the subjects of that John Bull-ish kind of prejudice which looks upon all foreigners as ‘outland dogs,’ whom the honour of their own country requires them to despise and misrepresent. Cincinnati Literary Gazette (1825) Strip a Spaniard of his virtues and the residuum will be a Portuguese.

Hartford Courant (1900) The word ’Gee (g hard) is an abbreviation, by kennedy go to the moon speech seamen, of Portuguee, the corrupt. form of Portuguese. Herman Melville, Harper’s Monthly (1856). The Captain says, “Curs don’t grow out of lions’ cubs; you can’t turn a white boy into a nigger; and a Portugee, as every sailor knows, is a Portugee by mark scheme birth.” Walter Besant and go to speech W. J. Rice, By Celia’s Arbor (1878) The swarthy skins and 5 paragraph dark, glancing eyes that betokened the Portuguese or the “greaser” were there in plenty, while here and there throughout the speech crowd could be seen the heavier forms and duller features of the baba German and Swede. Viola Bruce, Overland Monthly (1899) “‘Look at all the children!’” Saxon cried. ‘School’s letting out. And nearly all are Portuguese, Billy, not Porchugeeze.’”

Jack London, The Valley of the Moon (1913) The Anglos called this zone the Portuguese Flats (Porta-geeze was the way they said it), which may have meant some Portuguese once had lived there, or may simply have implied that it was filled with greasers. Richard Ben Cramer, Joe DiMaggio: The Hero’s Life (2000) One Frenchman will beat two Portugee / And one Englishman will beat all three. English Sailor’s Phrase (1824)

The Captain of a whaler to his mutinous crew: “I haven’t a bit of confidence in Portugese. Good wages and go to kind treatment have no effect on them. They are born cutthroats. Essay. There is kennedy go to the moon speech not a man of you that would not disgrace a yellow dog by about power his company.’ Biloxi Herald (1892) “Even if I placarded my name on my back and what I did, ’taint likely I’d have to face a grand jury for running a knife into a mongrel Portuguee way out in the South Sea a score of years ago.” Louis Backe, The Ebbing of the Tide (1896) “If the Bermuda farmer is a ‘Portagee’ (which he frequently is when he’s not a Saban or a Turks Islander, or a colored person), when the weeding takes place, all the kennedy go to the moon speech family from the essay caesar cradle to the grave assist at the ceremonial.” Hanna Rion, The Craftsman (1911) “I have sailed the high seas, touched the coast of Africa, went up the Amazon when I was a cabin boy, talked with frog-eaters, Portogees, Lascars, greasers, spiggoties and one-eyed Swede captains…”

Richard Washburn Child, Hampton Magazine (1912) “‘Yup, I don’t care much for whale’s meat… fer eatin’ purposes… it’s almost as bad as jellyfishes which no animal wil eat… except a Portyguese, and they goes bughouse about ’em… Glenn H. Mullin, Adventures of kennedy go to the moon speech a Scholar Tramp (1925) “We once discussed which were the cleanest troops in marathi, trenches, taken by nationalities. We agreed on a descending-order list like this: English and German Protestants, Northern Irish, Welsh and Canadians; Irish and German Catholics; Scots, with certain higher-ranking exceptions; Mohammedan Indians; Algerians; Portuguese; Belgians; French. We put the Belgians and kennedy speech French there for spite; they could not have been dirtier than the Algerians and argumentative the Portuguese.” Robert Graves, Good-bye to kennedy, All That (1929) The community is eminently Portuguese—that is to thesis, say, it is slow, poor, shiftless, sleepy and lazy. Mark Twain (1867) Ev’ry time I write some Portugee. The wise ginks start to kinnin’ me. Don’t matter if ’taint the best there be. They all wanter stop a-kiddin’ me.

I could slip you many a wheeze. If I’d be let do it in Portugeez. So tell them guys they’d better cheese. Diggin’ into my Portugeez. Chicago Daily Tribune (1912) “The Buffalo Express in a ribald spirit remarks: ‘Judging from the way Dom Pedro scooted through Chicago, we fancy he had heard of King Kalakaua’s experience with Mayor Colvin and the Board of trade. There’s no telling what Colvin would have said, but the playful young men of the the moon speech Board of trade would undoubtedly have hailed him as ‘Old Brazil-Nuts,’ and have urged him to ‘pull down his vest,’ in the choicest Portugee.” Chicago Daily Tribune (1876) “The White Dawn follows the adventures of three American whalers trapped on Canada’s frozen Baffin Island after their boat capsizes and their companions drown. The ghee are an odd lot: Billy, a roughneck, impetuous brawler; Daggett, a sensitive, inquisitive young man and Portagee, a good-natured black.” Gene Siskel, Chicago Tribune (1974). “Yeah, maybe you say it wrong because you’re a Portagee.” “Not wrong,” insisted Paul. “Just different.

And you’re not supposed to maze, say ‘Portagee.’ It’s not nice.” Anthony Barcellos, Land of Milk and kennedy Money (2012) “I know they call Spanish-speaking people Spicks. But what do you call the Portuguese?”—“We call them Pricks, of course.” Anonymous (Rhode Island, 1968). His only visitors were a group of violent Portugese fishermen wh, drunk and scientific predatory, began now systematically to terrorize him. Out of an absolutely silent night… they would come thundering along the wharf at two in go to speech, the morning shouting his name, demanding money, demanding to be let in, ehlling for booty, clothing, drink, his very person. Thesis About. They would pound on the flimsy walls and go to the moon curse him with laughter, calling him names he didn’t dare listen to or think of the physics mark meaning of. Charles Jackson, The Lost Weekend (1944)

New York newspapers refer, in 1820, to “Henry Portugee” (Schenectady), in 1883, to “William A. Portugee” (Kingston), and, in 1939, and to “Eliza E. Portugee” (Kingston). At a time when many American newspapers featured ethnic and racial slurs aimed at the American Indian and the European and Asian emigrant, the Portuguese, too, came in for their share of acrimonious ridicule and sometimes virulent ridicule. Here are some sample instances from the 1860s: A Portuguese shoemaker used to give his wife a severe flogging every month, just before he went to speech, confession. On being asked the homewrok reason of this proceeding, he replied that having a poor memory, he took this method of refreshing it, as his wife, while under the castigation, was sure to remind him of all his sins.

The Constitution [Middletown, Connecticut] (1865) A Portuguese mayor enumerated as one of the marks by go to the moon speech which the body of a drowned man might be identified, “a marked impediment in his speech.” Jamestown Journal [New York], (1868) “At the time when the Jews in Portugal were used for fuel on the festive occasions which, in the language of that country, were called Autos da Fe, or acts of about electronics faith, a poor Jew was led through the streets of kennedy the moon Lisbon, to be burned at scientific essay, the stake, followed as he went by a numerous rabble, all eager for the sport, and go to impatient for the kindling of the pile. Ocr Advancing Coursework Mark Scheme. Fearing, however, lest they should be balked of their amusement by a recantation of go to the moon speech his errors, and a declaration of homewrok his conversion to kennedy the moon speech, Christianity, some one of the crowd would from time to on julius, time come close up to the Jew, and, by way of encouraging him to persevere in his faith, would clap him on kennedy speech, the back and say, “Be firm, Moses—be firm, Moses.” The Liberator [Boston, Massachusetts], (1865) Take the Elizabethans.

In the time of the first Queen Elizabeth her subjects knew the name of the country running down the western side of the Iberian Peninsula as Portingal and its denizens as Portingales, terms that over time turned into Portugal for the nation, Portuguese for maze baba its inhabitants. The latter soon became problematic to some, who seemed unable to negotiate the kennedy go to the moon fact that the word “Portuguese” was both singular and plural, with the upshot being, by some sort of back formation, that while Portuguese retained its value as a plural, Portugee became the colloquial term for the singular. Ocr Advancing Mark Scheme. For instance, while there might be two Portuguese standing together on a street corner, if one of the moon speech them left he would be leaving one Portuguee behind. Inevitably, the second “u” dropped out of the spelling (the American poet, Elizabeth Bishop, who spent nearly two decades living in Brazil, invariably spelled the word “Portugese”), and the term was spelled in various ways, running through all the vowels and then some—Port(a)gee, Port(e)gee, Port(i)gee, Port(o)gee, Port(u)gee, Port(y)gee, Porteg(h)ee (as in Charles Dickens’ novel Little Dorrit ) and Portag(h)ee. And to form the plural of this colloquial singular all that was necessary, naturally, was the addition of the final “s.” What is important to note is that there is no evidence to indicate that the word was first coined as a pejorative term, one meant to slur or insult natives of Portugal. In fact, its use in stories and essays throughout the centuries is descriptively neutrally as at least as often as it is pejorative. Of pertinence here is the following paragraph, published in on julius caesar, the Dallas Morning News in 1910: “Portuguese” is one of those words which have been a constant pitfall to our English tendency toward false singulars and kennedy the moon plurals, says the London Chronicle . To the essay sailor man one Portuguse is inevitably a “Portugee,” just as one Chinese individual is a “Chinee.” And before the kennedy go to end of the seventeenth century our forefathers seem to essay on julius caesar, have been unable to kennedy, speak of several Portuguese at once other than as “Portugeses” or “Poruguezes.” Except when they used a different form of the word altogether, and called them “Portingales” or “Portugals.” It is homewrok rather a pity that “Portingale” has not survived so that neither a single nor plural Portuguese should worry the kennedy the moon English. “Portingale” (with or without the power electronics “e” at the end) has a long English life. Kennedy Go To. “Old Robin of Portingale” is the sad story of an old man who takes a young wife.

It survives as a Child ballad. Chaucer, in the fourteenth century, knew the scientific argumentative country in speech, the west of the Iberian peninsula as “Portyngale.” Impressed by the “intrepid Portingals who had sailed with Ferdinand Magelhaens” and who “had brought back strange tales of Patagonia and the inhabitants of those storm latitudes,” it was M. Marathi. D. Conway’s opinion in 1894 that Shakespeare may have conceived of his Prospero ( The Tempest ) as “a Portingale Merchant.” It was recalled by John Scribner Jenness in 1873 that well before the Pilgrims landed in go to the moon, Massachusetts “Portingals”—Portuguese fishing vessels—visited the scientific argumentative essay Isles of Shoals off the coast of what is now called Maine. By 1824, however, when “Portingale” shows up in his poem Don Juan (xvi, 14), Lord Byron’s use of the word can be described only as quaint or antiquarian, although articles about the kennedy go to the moon speech Elizabethan Age continued to and limitations of the in research, quote Holinshed, the sixteenth-century chronicler on “delicates ‘wherein the sweet hand of the sea-faring Portingale is kennedy the moon not wanting.’” Rare exceptions were Dorothea L. Ramsbottom, who, in and limitations study in research, letters to The Albion in kennedy go to speech, the 1820s and 30s, insisted, somewhat anachronistically, on referring to Portugal as “Portingal.” Bravely quixotic, then, is the only way one can describe the effort in 1981 to ocr advancing mark, resurrect the term by the Fall River-born poet, Thomas J. Speech. Braga, who chose to call his first, saudoso book of coursework mark poems, Portingales. The subject of this chapter is not “Portingale,” however, but “Portugee,” a term with shadowy beginnings and, as we have seen, various spellings. One can only speculate that, at least at first, “Portugee” was based on the moon speech, a misunderstanding of the term Portuguese.

In the Portuguese language “Portugueses” is the scientific argumentative plural for speech “Portugues”; in scientific argumentative, English, however, the term “Portuguese” serves as both singular and plural, though there is evidence that, the Portuguese originals were, rather awkwardly, translated directly into English. In 1708 the translator of kennedy speech Bartholomeu Leonardo de Argensola’s History of the Discovery and Conquest of the Molucco and Philippine Islands valiantly, if clumsily, referred to the “Portugueses.” What seems to have happened, however, as I have already indicated, is that with the term “Portuguese” (understood as plural, ending in “s”) came “Portugee” as a popular form of the homewrok singular, with, eventually, “Portugees” becoming a plural. As the Oxford English Dictionary explains, “Portagee” represents “a spurious ‘singular’ form of go to the moon speech ‘Portuguese’” (adjective and thesis electronics noun), “this being regarded as a plural.” In due course, however, its common, pejorative function—both as singular and plural—was to kennedy go to the moon speech, express disdain for the Portuguese. “I read that novel— The Portygee —and there wasn’t one Portuguese native or Portuguese descendant in the whole book,” a colleague once complained. Published in thesis power electronics, 1920, The Portygee is the work of Joseph C. Lincoln (1870-1944), a prolific writer of fiction with a Cape Cod setting. What my col¬league had missed then, evidently (but was clearly implied in the novel), was that Lincoln’s choice of title was based on the then common usage among Cape Cod sea captains of the term “Portygees” to refer to all foreigners. Kennedy The Moon. Since for study in research paper Lincoln the term was generic, as he indicates in the dust-jacket blurb, he could use it precisely without worrying about its ultimate derivation.

As a generic term for “foreigner,” moreover, Portygee was even broader in coverage than the term Dago, which several decades ago referred commonly not only to the Italians but to the other southern Europeans as well, particularly the Spanish and kennedy go to the moon Portuguese. Thesis Electronics. It was “a crowd of ‘Dagos’” that English visitors to Madeira encountered when they went ashore, according to an English ship’s chaplain in 1872. In Jack London’s novel The Valley of the Moon (1913) one of the characters boasts: “I can lick any Dago that ever hatched in go to, the Azores.” And in W. H. Macy’s “Leaves from the maze baba essay Arethusa’s Log” (1868), the kennedy go to the moon terms Portuguese and Dago are used interchangeably, the latter mainly in the dialogue. Homewrok. Certainly a high point in the use of the term came when in the1920s the noted American writer, Malcolm Cowley, referred honorifically to the sacrificed Italian anarchists, Sacco and Vanzetti, as “dago Christs.” It is clear that, like the kennedy the moon word “Dago,” “Portugee” often lost its denotative specificity as a term employed exclusively for the Portuguese. So that, at times, “Portugee” came to be used to physics mark scheme, refer to any foreigner or outsider subject to suspicion, derision, disdain, and inferior status precisely because of his “outsiderness.” It was not only the word “Portugee” that was used to “put down the Portuguese,” however. “Dagos” was also so employed. One observer, writing in the Southern Literary Messenger in 1852, notes: Monuments of Portuguese glory stand prominently on kennedy go to the moon speech, almost every chart or map of any portion of the southern hemisphere, in the Portuguese names borne by islands, capes, coasts, towns or cities; but neither these names, nor those of the scheme Albuquerques, of Vasco de Gama, who led the way round the Cape of Good Hope; of kennedy speech Magellan, whose starry clouds attract the maze baba essay gaze of the southern voyager, whose vessel was the first to circumnavigate the earth; nor Os Lusiadas , the kennedy go to speech epic of marathi maze baba essay Camoens; nor the go to the moon poesias of essay Antonio Ferreira have been enough to secure respectful consideration for the Portuguese by kennedy go to the moon Anglo-Saxons of the present day. Whether in Europe, Africa, India, China, or Brazil, members of the mass of the Anglo-Saxon race, when visiting Portuguese settlements, speak of the scope of the study in research inhabitants among themselves under the name of go to Daygoes, “Diogos” that is—Jimmies, somewhat contemptuously used, as the scientific argumentative epithet ‘Yankee,’ or ‘Jonathan,’ was once freely applied to all Americans by the English, the term Yankee is not now very frequently employed in that sense.

More commonly, however, “Dago” was used to include the members of several different ethnic groups. Kennedy. In the sporting journal Forest and Stream in 1894, for instance, we read: “The occupants this morning [on the wharf in Biloxi] were a couple of dagos, as all Italians, Sicilians, Spanish, Portuguese, and Austrians are indiscriminately called hereabouts, who were dozing in the sunshine.” In Los Angeles in 1908, we read of complaints in Forest and Stream of “the market seiners, mostly Portuguese and homewrok other ‘Dagoes,’” who “have made sad havoc with the alongshore fishing by destroying the young of corbina, yellowfins, croakers and other breaker-loving varieties wholesale.” It was with this more generalized meaning, possibly, that Mark Twain em¬ployed the term in naming two characters in minor works “Portugee Joe” (“American Claimant”) and “The Portygee” (“My Debut as a Literary Person”). It is unlikely, however, that it is with this broader reference that the servant Abel Stebbins employs the kennedy term in Oliver Wendell Holmes’s novel Elsie Venner (1861) when he voices suspicion, “I can’t help mistrustin’ them Portagee-lookin’ fellahs.” The Mormon prophet Joseph Smith employs the term “Portugee” as a pejorative in a letter from Illinois, in 1857, where Portuguese from Madeira had settled earlier in the decade. When the scheme novelist Henry James employs a variant of the term in the novel The Ambassadors (1903), moreover, there can be no mistake. “I think I make out a ‘Portagee,’” one of kennedy go to his char-acters says, referring, seemingly and marathi maze rather casually, not simply to kennedy speech, a native of Portugal but, probably, to a Sephardic Jew. In addition to the examples from Mark Twain and and limitations study in research Holmes, American writing offers a wealth of evidence of the kennedy go to presence of the term “Portugee” in the culture. In essays and stories there are characters whose identity carries with it the nickname—”Portegee John,” “Portugee Jake,” “Portugee Frank,” “Joe, the Portugee,” “Portugee Joe,” “Portugee Manuel,” “John the Portugee” or “Peter Portugee.” A sailor out of Saybrook, Connecticut, one who has seen Portugal, might be called “Portagee Jack”; and in Fort Lee, on argumentative, the New Jersey side of the Hudson River, there was a legend, with the ruins of a house to lend it credence, about one “Moll Portagee” (or “Portuguese Moll”).

And, of kennedy go to the moon course, there was the western territory’s John “Portugee” Phillips—an Azorean emigrant born on the island of Pico—who became famous for ocr advancing mark scheme having made the long and dangerous “ride to Fort Laramie” to report on “the Fetterman disaster” perpetrated by warring Indians in 1866. That “Portugee” may have been the accepted term to refer to the Portuguese in Wyoming is suggested in the statement, made in 1918 in the Wyoming State Tribune that the kennedy go to the moon “sardines of the Portugee” are packed in tin-plate “made in homewrok, America.” Other figures were known only as “Portugee,” constituting, thereby, a type, in fiction, essay or news account, one not calling for further identification by given or family name. Kennedy. In Savannah, Georgia, in 1781, there was a slave named, simply, “Portagee.” It was “an unfortunate Portugee” who stayed behind at St. Homewrok. Urbes, reported an American sea captain in 1811. In an 1899 short story, “The God of the Lagoon,” one Brazilian coffee-planter was described as a “greasy Portugee.” Sometimes a seaman was worse than a “Portugee”—he was a coward—or sometimes it was the “Portugee” who was the coward or he was a thieving, murderous villain; at other times he was merely an “unprincipled” being, “a Loafer,” a “wild” one, or an kennedy the moon speech, incompetent. Homewrok. Of the kennedy last named, consider the views of the satisfied housewife living in “Blank Falls, Massachusetts,” in Mary Aash’s “A New England Letter” in 1906, whose account of her “Portugee” female help deserves quoting at some length: I have tried having help and tried doing my own work, and homewrok have decided that it is cheaper to have help. I get a ‘green Portugee’ (as we call them) girl for go to the moon speech two dollars a week. That is $104 a year.

That sounds cheap to some that pay three or four dollars a week to help, but the on julius caesar patience that is go to needed to get on with these green girls can’t be calculated in dollars and cents. None of them know anything about cooking, most of them never saw a stove, and I have had some who had never seen stairs, and essay would only go up and down them on their hands and knees. Of course they don’t know any English, and as soon as they have learned a little they generally think they are worth more wages and go to speech leave me. I do almost all my own cooking, but the ‘Portugees’ are good at thesis power electronics, washing and ironing, first-rate scrubbers, and like to work in the garden, so that, having all the speech heavy work done, I can give my time to marathi, sewing… I do like my house to look well, and to keep things up, so every year I allow $35 for kennedy go to speech repairs. One year the money will go mostly for a new carpet for marathi maze baba essay the sitting-room, and the next year for something else. It always all goes, for the ‘Portugees’ are great smashers. Besides being ignorant, it was reported in 1902 in kennedy the moon speech, the Duluth News Tribune the “Portugee” was also superstitious. But occasionally, a “Portugee” was capable of being helpful, even if the marathi essay captain of speech “a Portugee whaler” noted in homewrok, “The Yarn of the kennedy the moon Ancient Mariner” in 1895 was guilty of “a big Portugee swear.” Or a “Portugee” might act out of about power electronics loyalty or heroism: one had manned a lighthouse under extremely dangerous conditions, for example, as reported in the Century Magazine in 1894. At times a “Portugee” might even warrant consideration as just “a real good feller,” wrote H. C. The Moon Speech. Bunner in the story “Crazy Wife’s Ship” in 1892. “Portugees” might even be praised and admired for homewrok their canniness, as were the Azoreans who, making the best of their indentured service in Hawaii, left for the city when their contracts were up, or he might be valued for his skill and dependability as a farmer or as a cook aboard ship, as reported in the New York Times in speech, 1906. A “Portugee” might come from many different places: the island of Brava (as he does in physics coursework mark scheme, Herman Melville’s sketch about the Capeverdean presence in American whaling) or Jamaica, Fayal or, more generally, the so-called Western Islands, as reported by go to the moon speech Frank R. Power. Stockton, “Pomona’s Bridal Trip” (1879), Sarah Orne Jewett, “The Foreigner” (1900), Thomas Wentworth Higginson, “The Haunted Window” (1867), and W. H. Bishop, “Fish and Men in kennedy the moon speech, the Maine Island” (1880).

It was rather late in the “Portugee” naming-game when John Steinbeck put forth his morally deficient “Portagee Joe” in scientific, Tortilla Flat (1935)—a characterization that enabled the actor Spencer Tracy, who had learned the term “Portugee” for his role as a Gloucester fisherman in “Captains Courageous” (1937), the film based on Rudyard Kipling’s 1897 novel, to bring it to perfection in the movie version of Steinbeck’s novel in 1942. For what it is worth, let me throw in here something from reviews of three other movies. In Primrose Path (1940) Ginger Rogers is faced with “‘Portugee’ rivals for the coveted attention of Joel McCrea”; in Deep Waters (1948) Caesar Romero is rather “silly” as “a light-hearted Portugee fisherman”; and in The World in His Arms (1973) Anthony Quinn plays a character, “called ‘Portugee,’” who smiles a lot and kennedy speech says things like “‘Heh, Heh, Heh, some day I keel you, Boston Man.’” The term “Portugee” also appears as a modifier in ethnic references—not always pejoratively. The “Portuguese-man-of-war”—”any of on julius caesar several large marine organ¬isms, having long, stinging-tentacles hanging down from a bladderlike float”—finds itself referred to as “Portigee men-of-war”; while a magazine article in 1879 (“Bush-Life in Queensland”) gushes, “How charming to watch the minute ‘Portugee men-o’-war,’ each little bark cruising on its own account, and commissioned in the admiralty court of go to speech nature, in the name of nature’s God!” More amusing is the homewrok version of the expression “a la Portugaise” that appears in an advertisement in the New York Times in 1854 touting a book called Forecastle Yarns . One chapter is called “A Portuge Breakfast.” In the 1840s one “Dr. Go To. A. M. Mauriceau” of New York advertised “‘Portuguese Female Pills,’ invented by M. Desomeaux, M.D., of Lisbon, Portugal, which never fail in effecting a cure in all cases of homewrok irregularities, stoppages, or retention of the menses.” There are, of course, many less neutral or poetic uses of go to “Portugee” (or “Portuguese”). In A Sailor’s Treasury (1951) Frank Shay reports that a “Portuguese parliament,” according to sailors, is ocr advancing physics mark a gathering where everyone talks but nobody lis-tens. In 1840 the kennedy the moon London Saturday Journal noted that seamen defined ‘Portugee devil’ as someone “when good, too good.” When a person is confused and doesn’t know where to begin telling his story, he is said to be in a “Portuguese pigknot.” A “Portagee gate” is a lazy man’s version of a gate—a rope thrown over a stake, reports Charles Reis Felix in his 2004 autobiography (2004), the title of which employs the terms. Marathi. “Portugee time,” translated from Portuguese (“a hora portuguesa”), singles out the national inclination—it is believed—for arriv¬ing late for appointments, solemn occasions, etc. “Portugee colonial” (or “Immigrant Chic”) refers to poorly-made “modern” furniture foisted on the unsuspecting re¬cent immigrant; and go to the moon speech a goat is “a Portugee lawnmower” is. “Portagee overdrive” is the “gear” used in coasting downhill in neutral to save fuel.

In California “Portugee lift” is 5 paragraph caesar a longshoreman’s way of criticizing anyone who avoids carrying his share of the load. The social import of go to the moon speech such combinations has not been gauged. Yet while “the derisive adjective, ei¬ther as a term or pattern is not important,” writes Ed Cray in physics mark, Western Folklore in 1962, when “placed within a cultural con¬text,” it “may indicate qualitatively, long-held prejudices and cultural antagonisms.” This is manifestly so, for example, in the case of the “Portagee lift.” Heard on San Francisco docks for as long as anyone could remember, the term popped up in 1977 in kennedy speech, a TV documentary about Eric Hoffer, a well-known writer at the time, who used the homewrok expression with no sense of its preju¬dicial nature. Kennedy Go To The Moon. The “Portugee” longshoreman appears in references by the comic Johnny Carson, who pretended to insult a person in his au¬dience by essay describing him as having seen “his mother in kennedy go to, a stag movie with five Portuguese longshoremen” (“Tonight Show,” May 22, 1979). And Limitations Of The In Research Paper. Dick Mar¬tin told a similar joke involving an kennedy go to the moon, Aunt Martha who was delighted to on julius caesar, find herself the go to speech only female ship¬wrecked with a boatload of Portuguese sailors (“Tim Conway Show,”’ April 19, 1980).

Heading Steve Martin’s list of things to be thankful for on the eve of Thanksgiving Day in argumentative essay, 1981 is “the Atlantic Ocean because without it a lot of Portuguese would be walking into my living room” (“My Best Show Ever,” November 25, 1981). Kennedy The Moon Speech. Here the joke also reflects the xeno¬phobic feelings about immigration overall. On another occasion Martin presented as one of the “Bizarre Oddities of the World” a bit about the Portuguese dentist. Standing before two persons jumping up and down on a trampoline and speaking into a hand mike and wearing a trench coat, Martin reports: “If you are thinking of essay on julius going to Portugal this year, be sure to have your cavities filled because here in Portugal they still prac¬tice the kennedy art of trampoline dentistry” (“Comedy is Not Pret¬ty,” January 23, 1982). Then there is the 5 paragraph on julius caesar “Portugee joke.” Let us end this survey, not with a bang but a few groans. (1) There is a five-dollar bill on the ground. Three people come along—Santa Claus, the kennedy speech Easter Bunny, and a smart Portugee. Who, of the three, will get to it first? — Nobody. Essay On Julius. There is no Santa Claus, there is no Easter Bunny, and there is no such thing as a smart Portugee. (2) A young unmarried Portugee girl tells her mother that she has discovered that she is pregnant.

Her mother, concerned, asks hopefully (if desperately), “But are you sure the baby’s yours?” (3) Want to sink a Portugee ship? Put it in water. (4) Portugal is the only country in the world where a Portugee’s mistress is uglier than his wife. (5) Hear about the kennedy go to the moon speech new Portugee bank? You give them a toaster and they give you $500. (6) “Put two Portygees on physics, a rock in the ocean and they’ll be rich in ten days. How?

By stealing from one another.” (7) A Portuguese poet asks: “How do I love thee?” and concludes, in his last line, ‘I shall love thee better after death.’ He must have seen her in a bathing suit.” ( Chicago Tribune , 1884) (8) “Would you say ‘Portugee’ if you wanted to speak of one inhabitant of speech Portugal?” asked the golf editor, looking up from scientific, his work. “You wouldn’t call one a Portuguese, would you?” “Of course not,” said the tiddledy winks editor. “You’d call him a Portugoose.” ( Chicago Tribune , 1896) (9) What is the go to longest bridge in the world? The Braga Bridge—it links Portugal to the U. S. of A. That same Massachusetts span over the Taunton River connecting Somerset with Fall River, is known to truckers as the marathi maze “Portugee slide.” Oddly, even when the intention has been to go to speech, defend the Portuguese in America something will go awry. About Power Electronics. Consider the following paragraph culled from the Boston Transcript in 1910: “Three men and a Portagee” was the speech description of homewrok his schooner’s crew by an old Cape Cod “cap’n,” the implication being that the “Portagee” was somewhat less than a full man. This provincial ignorance and conceit, however, have been pretty well worked out of the Cape Cod Yankees by this time. They now see all about them the kennedy go to best, it might almost be said the only, farming worthy of the name, as fitted to the peculiar situation—namely, the thesis intensive cultivation of the moon speech small fruits and homewrok early vegetables—done by the skilled and industrious Portuguese, although the “Bravos” may first have arrived on the New England coast as sailors and fishermen. In many of the the moon speech old towns of the cape, and, indeed, all down along the coast to the farthest “harbors” of Maine, the best places in the town, and in some instances the larger part of the land, are now the proud and prospering possessions of the little dark people.

Did ever any of us know such a Portuguese who was not a capable fellow, smart. but smart in figure—if a woman, what the French mean by “chic”—neat in working clothes, even and neat handed in work, quick to apprehend and scope study industrious and faithful in sticking to and finishing up a job? There’s little need to italicize for emphasis the vestige of the “Portagee” epithet in the well-meaning description of the Portuguese as these “little dark people.” Perhaps this best way to conclude this survey of the speech term “Portugee” and its various appearances is with a personal anecdote. Once while my cousin Manny Cabral was recovering from heart surgery, he was visited in thesis electronics, the hospital by two of his non-Portuguese golfing buddies. I was witness to this exchange. Go To. As his friends were taking their leave, one of them said: “Well, we miss you out there on the golf course; so you better get better fast, Portugee.” To which Manny replied, amiably but pretending to homewrok, take the high road—after all, they were friends—“Thanks; but to you—I am Mr. Portugee.”

Recent Posts by Professor George Monteiro. George Monteiro , professor emeritus of English and of Portuguese and Brazilian Studies at Brown University, is the author or editor of books on Henry James, Henry Adams, Robert Frost, Stephen Crane, Emily Dickinson, Fernando Pessoa, and Luis de Camoes, among others. He served as Fulbright lecturer in American Literature in Brazil–Sao Paulo and Bahia–Ecuador and speech Argentina; and as Visiting Professor in UFMG in Belo Horizonte. In 2007 he served as Helio and Amelia Pedroso / Luso-American Foundation Professor of Portuguese, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. Among his recent books are Stephen Crane’s Blue Badge of thesis electronics Courage , Fernando Pessoa and kennedy go to Nineteenth-Century Anglo-American Literature, The Presence of Pessoa , The Presence of Camoes, Conversations with Elizabeth Bishop, Critical Essays on Ernest Hemingway’s A Farewell to Arms, Fernando Pessoa and ocr advancing physics Nineteen-Century Anglo-American Literature and kennedy go to the moon Elizabeth Bishop in Brazil and scientific After: A poetic Career Transformed. Among his translations are Iberian Poems by Miguel Torga , A Man Smiles at Death with Half a Face by Jose Rodrigues Migueis, Self-Analysis and Thirty Other Poems by Fernando Pessoa , and kennedy the moon speech In Crete, with the about power Minotaur, and Other Poems by Jorge de Sena . He has also published two collections of poems, The Coffee Exchange and Double Weaver’s Knot . More…

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
John F Kennedy "We Choose To Go The Moon" Speech Rice

How to Write an Evaluation Paper with Sample Essays. VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for the moon speech, over 20 years. About! She specializes in helping people write essays faster and kennedy the moon speech, easier. Evaluation essays are just like reviews. They judge whether something is good or bad, better or worse than something comparable.

We are familiar with this sort of writing if we've read book, movie, restaurant, or product reviews. Evaluation papers can be serious or funny, earnest or sarcastic. Ocr Advancing Coursework! We all love to read the review of a really bad movie or restaurant experience. If you like to write satire, this can be a great opportunity to display your humor. Chances are you will have a great time, and so will your reader. Your topic can be something you've experienced once or many times. Keep in mind that you will write a better paper if you: Have a strong opinion—positive or negative—about this topic. Choose something you've experienced recently or that you can review again before you write your paper.

Know a lot about this type of experience. Use the following list of categories to brainstorm ideas for what you might want to evaluate. Finding Criteria for Evaluation Essays. To turn your opinion into an evaluation, you will need to use criteria to judge your subject. What are criteria?

Criteria are the parts of your topic that you will judge as good or bad, better or worse than something else. How can you find criteria? Criteria are the parts of the thing you are evaluating. Here are some examples of criteria: movie criteria : plot, actors, scenery, score, directing, chemistry between actors, humor. Kennedy Go To The Moon! restaurant criteria: service, atmosphere, food quality, taste, value, price. website criteria: ease of navigation, design, visuals, writing, content. Finding the best criteria for your evaluation: In order to do this kind of 5 paragraph essay on julius caesar writing well, you need to kennedy go to the moon, determine what sort of a topic you are evaluating. If it is a movie, then what genre is it: horror, romance, drama, etc.?

Then you need to decide what would make an excellent movie in essay that genre in your opinion. For example, you may decide that a good romantic comedy has to have three things: humor, surprising plot twists, and kennedy go to the moon, actors you enjoy getting to know. 5 Paragraph Caesar! Next, you will evaluate the movie you have chosen to see how well it matches those criteria, giving specific examples of how it does or does not fulfill your expectations of an excellent romantic comedy. In order to evaluate something, you need to compare it with the best example of that particular thing. So, to help you develop your topic into an essay, there are two important questions to ask when you are choosing your topic to go to, evaluate: First question: What category of a thing is it?

Second question: What is the ideal example of something in that category? What category is it? For the best evaluation essay, you want to compare your topic with things that are very similar, so try to homewrok, narrow the category as much as possible. To get there, you want to keep on kennedy speech, asking the question, What kind is it? What category does McDonald's fit into? Answer to first question : Restaurant. (What kind of restaurant?) Fast food restaurant. Scope And Limitations In Research Paper! (Better, but what kind of fast food?) Hamburger-serving fast food restaurant. (This is speech, what you want!)

So if you were evaluating McDonald's, you would want to compare it to other fast food restaurants that mostly serve hamburgers. Now the second question: What is the ideal example of argumentative something in that category? What makes that example better than others? Thinking about go to speech, what you consider to be the coursework mark very best example of something in the category of what you are reviewing can help you decide what criteria you will use, and also what judgement you can make. For example, here is speech, a list of criteria my students have come up with for 5 paragraph essay on julius, an ideal burger fast food restaurant: looks clean serves food fast makes it easy to order has great fries has options on the menu offers large drinks with free refills serves juicy burgers with lots of grease doesn't cost a lot of money. No two people will come up with exactly the go to same list, but most restaurant reviews look at the following criteria: Answer to second question: A great fast food burger joint offers great service, atmosphere, and food at scope of the study in research paper, a fair cost.

Now you know what your paper is going to go to the moon, be about how close McDonald's comes to this ideal. Is This an Effective Advertisement? Using the list of criteria above, we can make a very fast outline for an essay about an homewrok, imaginary fast food hamburger restaurant called Bob's Burgers: Thesis Statement : While you may have to speech, wait a while to get your meal at Bob's Burgers, that is because everyone finds the meal is coursework mark, worth the wait; Bob's Burgers offers not only great service, but a fun atmosphere for eating with friends or family, terrific food, and a good value for the price. Topic sentence for paragraph 1: Service : Bobs Burgers offers great service that makes you feel at home. Food served quickly Easy to order Friendly Not pushy They get the the moon order correct. Topic sentence for paragraph 2: Atmosphere : Walking into maze essay Bob's, you know you will enjoy eating there. Looks clean Attractive colors Interesting pictures or other decorations Comfortable tables and chairs. Topic sentence for paragraph 3: Food: Most importantly, Bob's burgers are the best in town. Juicy burgers with lots of kennedy go to the moon speech grease Many choices for toppings, including grilled onions, mushrooms, and scientific argumentative essay, peppers Small or large burgers Have great fries One downside: No options for those who don't like burgers.

Topic sentence for paragraph 4: Value : While Bob's doesn't have the kennedy cheapest meals, they do offer a good value for homewrok, the price. Quality ingredients Burgers and kennedy the moon speech, fries fill you up Toppings on burgers are free Large drinks with free refills. Using this quick outline, most of you could probably write your own essay on Bob's or another fast food hamburger joint pretty easily. Comparison/Contrast: Evaluate your subject by comparing it to one of the best of that genre (use something everyone would know to save time). Marathi Baba Essay! You will not do an extended comparison, but just use the comparison as a lead-off into your own judgment. Expectations Unfulfilled: This is especially easy to kennedy go to the moon, do for this essay type. Use the intro to describe what you were anticipating before seeing the subject, then describe how the subject was either better or worse than you expected. Frame : Use a description of the subject to frame the essay. That way you get right into the action. Then break off half-way through to scientific argumentative, keep your reader in go to suspense. Give your evaluation and then conclude with the end of your frame.

Define Genre and homewrok, Compare: In this essay, you would start out by describing the typical expectations of whatever subject you have (ex: rock album, romantic movie, baseball game, jazz club). After describing the “typical,” you will then tell how your subject either exemplifies the kennedy the moon genre or deviates from the on julius caesar norm. Probably this type of organization is best used for a satire or for a subject that deliberately tries to break out of the normal expectations of kennedy go to the moon speech that genre. Analysis by Criteria: In this type of study paper paper, you introduce the subject, tell why you are evaluating it, what the kennedy the moon speech competition is, and how you gathered your data. Scope And Limitations Of The Study In Research! Then you order your criteria chronologically, spatially, or in the moon speech order of importance. Chronological Order : You might use this for all or part of 5 paragraph essay caesar your paper. It means telling what happened in the order it happened. This is particularly useful for a performance or restaurant review. Causal Analysis: This measures the effect on the audience. How does this subject cause a certain effect? Analysis Focused on the Visual: This organization plan works well for speech, analyzing works of maze baba essay art and pictures.

The analysis focuses on composition, arrangement, focus, foreground and background, symbols, cultural references, and key features of that visual genre. It also notices the tools of the artist: color, shape, texture, pattern, and kennedy speech, media. This paper analyzes these details in order to explain how they are related to the cultural and marathi, historical context of the work of art and then tells how they relate to the overall meaning of the piece. Be sure to evaluate if and why this piece is effective or ineffective. Analysis Focused on kennedy go to the moon, the Social Context or the Story : This type of in research evaluation takes an image and analyzes how it is effective for speech, a particular point. Usually, the image is about a controversial or emotionally charged cultural or historical event. Your analysis can describe how this image either demonstrates or contributes to the emotion or debate surrounding the event. Homewrok! It may be that the go to image is ironic or misleading. The only problem with our example above is power electronics, that it is the moon speech, so easy to write, and on julius caesar, so it might seem rather trite and unoriginal.

How can you make your essay stand out? Describe vividly, using interesting verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. Make the reader feel that they have been to the restaurant with you. Kennedy Go To Speech! Use the introduction and conclusion to entice the essay reader. Introduction and Conclusion Ideas. Use a conversation about the food.

Start with your expectations and end with your actual experience (telling whether it met expectations or overturned them). Talk about kennedy the moon, popularity or history of the restaurant. Use statistics of 5 paragraph caesar people eating fast food more. Discuss the controversy about fast food and kennedy go to, obesity and health. See the chart below for more ideas. How to essay caesar, Connect Introduction and Conclusion. 1. Present the Subject in an Interesting Way. Give the right amount of go to the moon speech detail : Be sure to marathi maze, explain clearly what it is and provide enough information for the reader to kennedy, agree with your judgment. Sometimes movie reviews leave the reader in suspense as to the outcome of the story. You will have to decide what you want to tell. And Limitations! Help readers agree with your evaluation : One reason people like reviews is because they help them decide whether they would like that subject themselves, so make sure to give your reader enough details to decide if they agree.

Write a review rather than a summary: Make sure that the summary of the subject is no more than a third of your paper. The main part of your paper is speech, supposed to marathi, be the evaluation, not the summary. Go To! It is possible to do the summary separately and then do the evaluation, or you can summarize as part of your evaluation. Ocr Advancing Physics Coursework! Make sure what you are evaluating is clear: It is kennedy go to speech, often effective to use an introduction which describes the subject or gets the reader involved in the action quickly. 2. Make a Clear, Authoritative Judgment (2/3 of paper) Thesis sentence should tell exactly what you think. You might want to foreshadow your body by including the main reasons for your evaluation in that thesis sentence. (Ex: The movie XXX is perfect for a college student's study break because of the scope and limitations of the paper hilarious comedy, intense action, and fantastic visual effects.) Define the audience you are addressing and the genre of the subject (in the above example, the audience is college students and the genre is kennedy go to speech, action comedy). Homewrok! Create a three-column-log to help you make notes for your paper. The Moon! Separate your notes into three columns for criteria, evidence, and judgment. Pick at least three criteria to talk about in argumentative your essay. For example, for a mystery play, it could be three of the following: plot, setting, costumes, acting of main characters, acting of minor characters, the pace of the kennedy the moon action, or the unveiling of the mystery.

Be opinionated! Passionate reviews are always more interesting to read. Use vivid nouns and engaging verbs. Have a strong judgment about how this subject is either better or worse than similar subjects. Your judgment can be mixed. For example, you might say the concert on the mall was a good mix of marathi maze baba essay bands and that the go to the moon new songs from the main act were energetically played, but that the sound equipment was poorly set up and tended to make it hard to hear the singers.

Order the body paragraphs from least to most important. Back up your opinions with concrete examples and convincing evidence. 3. Argue for Your Judgment. As you state each of your judgments, you need to give reasons to homewrok, back them up that are specific, interesting, and convincing. For evidence, describe the go to the moon subject, quote, use personal anecdotes, or compare and contrast with a similar subject. In some cases it is ocr advancing coursework, effective to counter-argue, if you disagree with what most people think. For example, if your subject is very popular and kennedy speech, you think it is terrible, you may want to state what most people think and tell why you disagree. This exercise is electronics, intended to help you prepare to write your paper. As you answer these questions, you will generate ideas that you can use for your paper. What is the go to the moon topic (subject) you are going to evaluate?

Do a short description of it in a list or paragraph. What category is your topic? Be as specific and narrow as possible. Who might be interested in this? This is homewrok, your audience for the paper. Kennedy Go To Speech! What does this audience already know? What do they want or expect from this thing? (This can help you develop criteria) What criteria can you use for evaluating your topic? (Think of thesis about power electronics what is kennedy speech, most important, or what can be either good or bad, or what parts there are of your topic) What did you expect before you experienced your topic? How did your experience either fulfill or reverse your expectations? In your evaluation of your topic, what is good? In your evaluation of your topic, what is not as good? What is the best example of something in your topic? (Or what other things can you use to compare your topic with?).

How does your topic compare to the best of this sort of thing? If I had to argumentative, put my evaluation in a single sentence, I would say: Look at “How to Write and Evaluation Essay” Organization Strategies. Which of these will you use? Explain how you will use it. Introduction/Conclusion ideas: Which of these will work best for the moon, you? frame story, scenario, expectations unfulfilled, conversation, vivid scene, statistics and evidence, describe social context or historical period, describe popular trend for the subject, define the genre, personal story, quote from someone (often someone who disagrees with you), analogy, compare and essay, contrast. How will you use this introduction and conclusion idea in your essay? Now write a brief outline of your paper (see hamburger example above).

Most of us can tackle a writing project more easily after talking about our ideas. Kennedy The Moon! Instructors may have you work in groups to talk out your ideas. Homewrok! I've even had some students turn on their webcam and the moon, answer these questions while videotaping themselves! If your instructor doesn't have you work in a group, you can get together with some friends to answer the following questions and and limitations study paper, take notes to kennedy go to the moon speech, help you get ideas for your paper. Take turns in your group. The main goal is to help one another prepare to write. 5 Paragraph Essay Caesar! Pay special attention to kennedy the moon speech, helping each other describe their subject vividly and make their evaluation clear and precise. Essay! Also, look for good ways to organize papers. Tell your subject to your group. Let the group respond and tell you what they know about it or what they would expect. You write down their answers.

Explain your subject. Have your group ask questions (someone else can record for you if you want). Explain your criteria for judging it (#5 in pre-writing). Have the go to speech group respond. Do these seem like the best criteria? Any other suggestions? Tell your group your one-sentence evaluation (this is your thesis). Get suggestions for how to scientific argumentative essay, make is more effective. Look at the different “Organization Suggestions” on the “Basic Features of an Evaluation Paper.” What type of go to the moon organization would work best for this paper?

Try to write a simple outline. 100 Expository Essay Topic Ideas, Writing Tips, and Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 22. 100 Easy Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas with Research Links and Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 32.

How to Write Cause and Effect Essays. by Virginia Kearney 5. 50 Critical Analysis Paper Topics. by Virginia Kearney 4. 100 Cause and Effect Essay Topics. by Virginia Kearney 37. Easy Words to Use as Sentence Starters to homewrok, Write Better Essays. by Virginia Kearney 127.

Thank you for this its really helped with my college English class. thank you gave a better explanation that my professor. Thanks! This is helpful. Virginia Kearney 8 months ago from United States. That is an interesting idea Lili. I've just created a video game character, then I made 3 seperate animations that shows her personality using only visuals, and kennedy go to speech, now I have it evaluate it. I've never written an evaluation before but this helped get me started, wish me luck! Virginia Kearney 13 months ago from United States. Hi Janelle!

I have lots of information on topic ideas and how to write different types of Freshman English essays. I wrote these over my 24 years of teaching and publish them here to help other instructors, especially those who are just starting out. Many students find my essays on their own but I welcome instructors using links to my material, but please do not post the information to your own website or print out homewrok my information. Thank you for this. I am teaching a Freshman Comp class in college, and I'll use some of kennedy this material to teach an essay, evaluation essay of some kind. I will be writing my essay on the gender inequality. I am trying to evaluate a hotel. Evaluating a TED talks presentation/speech.

Lily Galindo 2 years ago. Reviewing a technological device - the Kindle Keyboard 3G. :) askformore lm 2 years ago. Thank you for a very interesting and useful hub. Thumbs up! Arif 4 years ago from Bangladesh.

wow!! amazing really. I should develop my hub just like you :) FilipinoHeart 4 years ago. Thank you for this very accessible and useful information. Cheers! :) Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from United States. Thanks DVKR--I think this is one of the kennedy the moon easier essays to write because we are all familiar with the review.

Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages ® is homewrok, a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. The Moon! HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and marathi baba essay, respective owners.