Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay prompts for high school seniors

Essay prompts for high school seniors

Mar/Sat/2018 | Uncategorized

Writing Prompts for High School Graduation Journal Buddies

Essay prompts for high school seniors

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need -
Writing Prompts for High School Graduation Journal Buddies

Barbara Bernard: Challenges of essay prompts school widowhood nurture independence. on November 01, 2013 at 4:00 AM. My husband died 15 years ago on Oct. 31, 1998. We had been married 50 years that Oct. 16. He turned 75 years old on reference, Oct. 26, and, because our beloved granddaughter was born on essay prompts for high school, Oct. 31, 1980, I consoled myself with a rather dumb rationalization. Since it was Halloween, a time for trick-and-treating, the day would reflect it was a mean trick for God to take my husband but a treat to know we#8217;d been given this lovely child on this very day many years before. The memory of watching her grow into womanhood as an outstanding wife, mother and reference teacher became more palatable than the memory of my husband, always a physically strong man, slowly succumbing to the colon cancer he had fought in essay for high school seniors, every possible way the essay, medical and religious worlds knew.

I guess I seek consolation in the strangest ways. This column is not about consolation, but rather what widowhood is all about. I was always independent and had willingly worked to provide the financing my husband needed to prompts school seniors work at his dream of designing and manufacturing machinery. Because of this experience, financially supporting myself was not going to be a problem, although it took over three years to pay off company debt, product liability lawsuits and get rid of two buildings which had seen far better days. Reference? Those days necessitated being very cautious with personal budgeting, something every widow should have learned long before she married or as just as soon as she became a wife. Every female should learn the prompts for high school seniors, importance of caring for herself financially. A woman who chooses to remain single does this. Women who marry might lose their mate, be divorced with no alimony and, if there#8217;s no sufficient insurance or if there are disastrous situations which strip finances, to be a widow with no means of essays ben franklin financial support is school seniors, a nightmare. Structure Lab Report? Going beyond the necessity of providing for themselves financially, widows face a reality that couples are far more appealing in society than single women. It didn#8217;t happen to school me, but some widows have shared stories about structure of a lab report, former couples who no longer included them once they became widows.

They were relegated to luncheons with the prompts for high school, females of the phd thesis antennas, couples who they and their late husbands had as friends. It is imperative no matter how wonderful a union is for high, women should always have friends other than those with her husband. Some women are active in social or civic endeavors, involved with church or community efforts or friendly gatherings such as the classic bridge group, lunch bunch or monthly dinners. These groups are wonderful for widows, but it#8217;s best if they start long before widowhood arrives. It keeps women in ben franklin, a lively world of communication and always these friends who are there to console if widowhood comes. It is not a bad idea for wives to learn to do a few basic home repairs such as how to prompts for high reset a blown fuse, replace a light bulb, clean the garage and structure of a weed the flower beds. Essay For High Seniors? The first time I had to remove a dead mouse from the lab report, cellar was awful. For High Seniors? I went into the inner cellar, and there it was, all curled up, definitely dead so I couldn#8217;t stamp my feet and tell it to #8216;shoo#8217; like I do for rabbits in the back yard.

I have wonderful neighbors, but I save them for paper interview, emergencies, not dead mouse removal. With a little shovel and a bag, I dropped the mouse once or twice before I finally got rid of it and then promptly threw up. A few days ago there was another mouse, probably the prompts, 100th in these past 15 years which I#8217;ve removed from my house. In Essay? This one took me second; I washed my hands and prepared my dinner. Want a mouse removed? Call me. I had to buy a car alone. My husband was the car expert. He bought the cars. I drove them. I asked questions and essay for high seniors took a friend with me who gave me good advice.

I would rather not have to buy another car, but if I did I now know how. Math not being my best subject I was never swift with the autobiography, checkbook, needing my husband to correct my balancing act. I am alone to balance my checkbook, admitting there are now days I no longer stay up until midnight to find that missing 29 cents. I write it off and don#8217;t feel ashamed. And, I need to resort to a #8220;tip chart#8221; because in spite of prompts many formulas for figuring out gratuities, my husband was the expert at leaving gratuities when we dined out. I knew how to feminist criticism hamlet essay mow a lawn and shovel snow. I did them both for many years. Later, my husband enjoyed doing those jobs because by then there was a power mower and snow blower. (Someday, I will tell you the story how he took over these jobs.) When he became ill, we were fortunate to hire someone do these chores. Learning to turn off and on prompts seniors, the outside water as seasons changed was one of my most difficult challenges. I wish I had learned before.

I still have trouble doing it without having a petcock come flying out at structure, me and water leaking onto the cellar floor. Sometimes, I think I should write a book and prompts for high school call it #8220;Advice to Follow Before You Become a Widow.#8221; I would list all chores women alone must do or, of causes of drug abuse essay course, have the option of hiring someone or moving into essay school seniors an assisted-living facility. As for the social part of being a widow, it takes an adjustment to go to a restaurant, movies, a concert or a lecture alone. If you have attended and miss them, bite that bullet. Go alone. Essays Autobiography Ben Franklin? I did.

I went to dinner alone. Friends were there, and essay prompts for high school seniors they asked me to join them but I said, #8216;No, thank you.#8221;. I needed to do this alone. I hated it, and I bawled like a baby when I got home. But, I survived, and, now, I rather enjoy it sometimes. It becomes a step in the right direction toward independence and essays autobiography ben franklin a move toward acceptance of being a widow. If you are young, I hate to suggest you be prepared for widowhood.

But, I do urge you to learn to for high school seniors be independent and causes essay seize any opportunity to take care of yourself. If you are married and haven#8217;t even considered being alone, please remember it can happen so learn the essay seniors, things your husband does. And, if you are a widow, decide what you need to learn, what you need to hire people to do and be grateful when family, friends, even strangers help with something total alien to you. Hamlet? Barbara C. Bernard, of Holyoke, is a columnist with The Republican. Registration on seniors, or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and feminist criticism Privacy Policy.

2017 MassLive LLC. All rights reserved (About Us). Essay For High School? The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the phd thesis antennas, prior written permission of prompts for high seniors MassLive LLC. Paper? Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.

Best Essay Writers Here -
Journal Writing Prompts: Enough for Every Day of the School Year

Introduction Of Criminology Essays and Research Papers. Criminology CJA/314 February 14, 2013 Criminology Criminology is the body of knowledge regarding crime . as a social phenomenon. Criminology is the scientific approach to studying criminal behavior (Bryant amp; Peck, 2007). “ Criminology is essay prompts school seniors a multidisciplinary science. In addition to criminology , criminologists hold degrees in a variety of diverse fields, including sociology, criminal justice, political science, psychology, public policy, economics, and the natural sciences” (Siegel, 2010. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminology 1359 Words | 5 Pages. (Siegal, 2010) (McLaughlin amp; Muncie, 2005) Criminology 211 Essay This essay topic consists of two main components. The first requires . you to demonstrate your knowledge of and a familiarity with the theory/perspective and essay the second requires you to demonstrate an prompts understanding of its application (in either policy or practice) and the impact of its application. i) Briefly identify the main features and concepts of radical criminology . ii) Critically discuss the. Crime , Criminal law , Criminology 1419 Words | 5 Pages. ?Critically discuss the contention that criminology is “the study of the causes of crime”. Nowadays, it is easy to find crime news in the . newspaper. The number of crime increase year by year because of the complexity of society.

Crime is a contest word. There are various definitions in different perspective such as Crime is the phd thesis antennas, behavior prohibited by the criminal code in prompts for high, legal perspective (Walklate, 2011). Early criminologists aimed to develop more rational and efficient ways of dealing with crime. Crime , Crime prevention , Criminal justice 1106 Words | 3 Pages. INTRODUCTION Karl Marx argued that the law is the mechanism by antennas which one social class, usually referred to as the prompts school seniors, ruling class, keeps all . the paper essay, other classes in seniors, a disadvantaged position. Thus, this school uses a Marxist lens through which, inter alia, to reference writing consider the criminalization process, and by which explain why some acts are defined as deviant whereas others are not.

It is therefore interested in political crime, state crime, and state-corporate crime. KARL MARX. Capitalism , Criminology , Karl Marx 1607 Words | 5 Pages. Introduction to Criminology Study Guide. benefits one group may not benefit another -Focuses on rule-makers rather then the rule-breakers -Concerned with understanding how the law is used by . the powerful to control society and uncovering injustice in society 2) What is critical criminology ? (Importance of inequality and its role in the criminalization process) -It emphasizes how social structures of inequality affect the essay school, criminalization process in ways that advance the essays ben franklin, interests of the social elites at prompts for high seniors the expense of those who are. Crime , Criminology , Juvenile delinquency 1756 Words | 6 Pages. Individual Project Gary Santiago National University Criminology CJA 401 Professor John Macfarlane January 25, 2012 Table of . Contents Abstract Page 3 Introduction Page 4 Methodology Page 4 Body Page 5-8 Recommendation Page 8-9 Conclusion Page 9 References Page 10 Abstract The information listed on this paper was based on research of criminal profiling. Criticism Essay! Criminologists actively strive to identify characteristics and typologies. Behavior , Crime , Crime in the United States 1834 Words | 6 Pages. Criminology (from Latin crimen, accusation; and Greek -?????, -logia) is the scientific study of the nature, extent, causes, and control of essay seniors, . criminal behavior in both the individual and in society.

Criminology is an essay interdisciplinary field in the behavioral sciences, drawing especially upon the research of sociologists (particularly in the sociology of deviance), psychologists and psychiatrists, social anthropologists as well as on writings in law. Areas of research in criminology include the essay school, incidence. Crime , Criminology , Economics 743 Words | 3 Pages. ?Name: University: Course: Tutor: Date Criminology is a term that refers to any kind of phd thesis antennas, study associated with crime and . criminal justice. Feminist criminology in school seniors, the late 1960 into paper interview essay the early 1970 was largely concerned with the victimization of women. The emergence of Feminism that sort the elimination of all forms of gender inequality in essay for high school, women lead to contemporary feminist criminologists, whose contributions have led to the modern understanding of women as victims, offenders and. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminology 1332 Words | 7 Pages. ? Criminology Assignment 1 Task 1: How would you define criminology ? We hear about antennas, crime in everyday life, read about it in . newspapers, and watch it on essay prompts for high seniors, the news. Crime is portrayed in several drama series on television and essays ben franklin movies and essay for high is the subject of many conversations, whether it be a case involving a celebrity or a local or global tragedy.

However for something that is such an everyday occurrence, criminology is not quite so easy to define as so may think. Criminology is a social science. Crime , Crime statistics , Criminology 985 Words | 4 Pages. Criminology Have you ever watched Criminal Minds, NCIS, or Law and Order? All the actors are using a technique to criticism hamlet evaluate the . situation, statistics to determine who the possible suspect is, and unique skills to help find where this person may be. Criminology is the study of crime its causes, its history, and its prevention. Criminologists have many other disciplines, because they also study the psychology of criminals, the social contexts that give rise to crime in specific geographical.

Academic degree , Crime , Criminology 1023 Words | 3 Pages. individual can only have a stable life if its id, ego and super-ego are in balance and not in conflict. The unconscious desires from the id (innate sexual . urges, drive for life and the destructive ‘death instinct’) are of considerable interest to criminology . As is the ego (reality principle), which acts as a ‘mediating device’ between the for high school, id and the super-ego. It could therefore be argued that if the super-ego has weaker moral values and the id is strong an in essay individual may seek physical pleasure in. Behavior , Crime , Criminal justice 1614 Words | 5 Pages.

ladder and causes more conflict between the upper and lower classes in society. The final theme is radical theory of criminalisation which is an extension . of conflict theory and also known as neo-marxist criminology . In 1973 Ian Taylor, Paul Walton and Jock Young published “ The New Criminology this was a radical alternative to for high school existing theories of crime and deviance.” (Haralambos, p343) Taylor et al argue that society and the inequality between the individuals that hold the wealth and power are. Capitalism , Crime , Criminal law 936 Words | 3 Pages. Criminology 200 Criminology is a social science, entire world is feminist essay a criminologist laboratory. Sutherland defined . criminology as the study of the making of prompts school seniors, laws, the phd thesis antennas, breaking of laws, and school seniors societies reaction to reference writing the breaking of laws.

Topinard- coined the term criminology . Criminal Justice- term first used in 1967. President Johnson had the Wickersham committee and talk to people about police brutality, bad judges, and see what the story was really about. The report the Wickersham committee gave. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 1302 Words | 6 Pages. ? Criminology in the Future Rosalinda Cervantes-Barilli, Heather Arthur DeRemer, Andrea Padilla, Samantha Sprugasci, and Everett . Titus CJA 314 August 18, 2014 Paula Rutkowski Criminology in prompts for high school, the Future Crime fighting techniques are always evolving; which will help decrease crime rate over time. There are new crime-fighting methodologies developed and reference writing improved on for high school, every day; biometrics, cybercrime spyware, and DNA collection programs. Criminology has evolved greatly, however policies. Biometrics , Combined DNA Index System , Crime 937 Words | 5 Pages. t-1226474744811gt;. Carcach, C. 1997, ‘Reporting crime to the police’, Australian Institute of Criminology , No. 68, Australia, pp.

1-6. Reference In Essay Writing! . Dowler, K., Fleming, T., amp; Muzzati, S. Essay Seniors! L. Of Drug Essay! 2006. Constructing crime: Media, crime, and popular culture. Canadian Journal of Criminology amp; Criminal Justice, 48(6), 837-850. Ericson, R. For High Seniors! V 1995, ‘Crime and the Media’, British Journal of reference in essay writing, Criminology , vol. 31, no.3, pp. 219-249. Harlow, C.W. 1985, Reporting Crimes to the Police: Bureau of prompts seniors, Justice. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminology 2150 Words | 7 Pages. ever national crime statistics were published in France, 1827.

Adolphe Quetelet, a scholar and previous astronomer was the causes, first individual to take a serious . approach and interest in criminal statistics. He then went on to become a leading body in criminology and social sciences for for high seniors, his work. Official crime statistics are placed under the feminist hamlet, ideology of crime rates in the UK and Wales. Numbers that the BCS, police and other law aboding bodies can gather together from the public, their research and other. Crime , Crime rate , Crime science 2077 Words | 5 Pages. ? Criminology Phase 5 Individual Project 02/10/14 When researching the theories on the cause of . crimes there is value in understanding the range of school, theoretical explanations of crimes. I will be focusing on the Biological Theory, The Psychological Theory, and the Sociological Theory. The Biological Theory focuses on interview essay, the idea that the physical body, through inherited genes, brain structure, or the role of hormones, has an influence on a person’s involvement.

Crime , Criminology , Emotion 1061 Words | 4 Pages. Criminology Professor Don Kalamas Phase 2 IP By: Mary G. Jenness June 3, 2013 The 4 steps of Cognitive Restructuring Theory: Step 1: . Be aware of prompts seniors, our negative thoughts. To reduce stress or stressful thinking we need to pay attention to what is essays called self-talk, that little voice in prompts for high, our heads that is reference writing feeding us negative thoughts. Having a small note book with you to write down each time we hear that negativity, hence making us more aware of what we are thinking and essay for high possible triggers. Negative. Anger , Cognition , Cognitive science 1619 Words | 4 Pages. ?Emma Greenham What is Criminology ? This is a question which many theorists have attempted to in essay writing answer, a question which holds no one single . accepted explanation or consensus. Throughout this essay I will provide a brief overview and explore the many answers to essay for high this open ended question, none of which is more correct than the other but all of structure of a lab report, which seek to provide an explanation into what is criminology . ‘ Criminology , in its broadest sense, consists of school, our organized ways of thinking and talking about. Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 1408 Words | 6 Pages. ? Introduction to Criminology Theory Helps us understand situations, feelings, human behaviour and abuse essay human interactions. . For High! Thought of as totally speculative Social scientists observe a phenomenon and draw out what is happening, give it meaning Social science gives meaning to our lives and in essay allows to predict possible future outcomes A way to reduce crime record is to de-criminalise certain things Assumptions? prejudices? Theories Theories are tested generalisations and not always ‘true’ No. Crime , Criminology , Economics 2042 Words | 10 Pages.

BAGUIO CENTRAL UNIVERSITY BAGUIO CITY PHILIPPINES (2600) COLLEGE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE EDUCATION CRIMINOLOGY 1 (MWF) (10:30 – 11:30) . COMPILATION OF: BEJELYN CIANO STANLEY MATIAS GENEVA SIMON THEORIES AND PROPONENTS OF CRIMES The scientific study of crime as a social phenomenon, including its causes, prevention, types, consequences, and punishment, and its relationship to other forms of deviant behavior such as alcohol addiction or drug abuse emerged in the 19th century as part of. Anthropological criminology , Cesare Lombroso , Crime 3029 Words | 13 Pages. COMPARE AND CONTRAST FEMINIST CRIMINOLOGY AND BIOLOGICAL POSITIVISM This essay will compare and contrast feminist approaches to . criminology with biological positivism. It will discuss the varying approaches within both feminism and biological positivism and consider how feminists and positivists explain women's criminality. The main assumptions and methodology will be outlined, compared and analysed, as well as the essay prompts for high school, limitations and strengths of both theories. Biological Positivism emerged in the. Cesare Lombroso , Crime , Criminal law 2225 Words | 6 Pages. Classical School of thought The history of criminology as a discipline of study often starts with influential figures such as Beccaria and phd thesis antennas . Lombroso. I will provide a basic introduction and account of essay prompts for high school, criminology’s history which begins with the writings of criminal law reformers in the 18th century, particularly in the work of antennas, Cesare Beccaria, Jeremy Bentham and John Howard.

These writers draw upon the Enlightenment ideals and characterize the offender as a rational free willed actor who engages. 18th century , Age of Enlightenment , Anthropological criminology 789 Words | 3 Pages. INTRODUCTION Pollution is the introduction of contaminants into the natural environment that cause adverse change.[1] . Pollution can take the form of chemical substances or energy, such as noise, heat or light. Pollutants, the components of essay prompts for high seniors, pollution, can be either foreign substances/energies or naturally occurring contaminants. Antennas! Pollution is often classed as point source or nonpoint source pollution.

Pollution control Pollution control is a term used in environmental management. Essay Prompts School! It means the. Environment , Hazardous waste , Marine pollution 606 Words | 3 Pages. Introduction to Criminology Course Outline. INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINOLOGY COURSE OUTLINE 1.) Overview on the importance of the study in paper interview essay, Criminology 2.) . Criminology and its derivation/definition a.)Definition of terms 1) Criminology 2) Crime 3) Criminal Law 4) Act 5) Omission Statement of logomacy : Nullum crimen sine poena nulla poena seni legi. Essay School! “There is phd thesis no crime when there is no law punishing it” 6) Offense 7) Divine Law 8) Special Law 9) Felony 10) Victimology 11) Criminalisics –. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 1661 Words | 8 Pages.

Criminology and Positivism Theoretical Movement. ‘ Criminology is more than just the study of why people commit crime’. Discuss. Criminology is not just the study of for high school seniors, why . people commit crime. In order to understand what Criminology is phd thesis all about and how it has been improved throughout the years, a number of theories and approaches will be presented and analysed further below.

Firstly a brief summary of the definition of criminology will be given, followed by a summary of the history of criminology and how it was created. A reference will be made. Crime , Crime statistics , Criminology 2390 Words | 7 Pages. FAH 0033 THINKING SKILLS 15. Essay Prompts For High Seniors! EDWARD DE BONO’S CoRT? TOOLS - Introduction - CAF (Consider All Factors) 1 Edward de Bono’s Thinking . Reference! Tools • Simple and practical – can be used at all ability levels and at all ages from 5 up • A “toolbox” approach – Just as a carpenter would choose different tools from his toolbox and use them in different sequences depending on the job at hand, so could one use appropriate tools in thinking about a particular issue, or for generating ideas. 2 . Cognition , Critical thinking , Edward de Bono 332 Words | 3 Pages.

?Sheena Maysingh Consumer Behavior March 19, 2015 Research Term Paper Introduction Sprite soft drink has been around for many . decades and it is one of the best selling drinks in the United States. Essay Prompts For High School Seniors! It has done well in trying to target there market and there segment in order to continue to strive and feminist criticism hamlet bring in new customers. Sprite has been doing well as far as bringing in profit and prompts revenue. It has decline in its sales but The Coca Cola Company is trying to essay reposition the product were. Caffeine , Coca-Cola , Coca-Cola brands 2184 Words | 7 Pages. INTRODUCTION On the job training or and essay prompts seniors OJT is one method by which students is given a chance to of a lab report apply the theories computations that they . Essay For High! have learned from the school. Interview! It also helps the students to acquire relevant knowledge and skills by performing in actual work setting. Colleges and essay for high school universities require their students to reference in essay undergo such training within a specific number of essay for high seniors, hours as part of the paper interview, curriculum.

For the students, an OJT or internship program provides opportunities togo through the for high, actual. Practice , Skill , Training 1760 Words | 5 Pages. ?Table of Contents page . Introduction . Phd Thesis Antennas! 2 1. Essay Prompts For High School Seniors! Mission and Objectives. Lab Report! 2 2. Company’s Overview. Corporate finance , Customer service , Generally Accepted Accounting Principles 1312 Words | 6 Pages. ?. INTRODUCTION Learning Objectives 1. Prompts! Define Psychology. Structure Of A Lab Report! 2. Prompts! Describe the difference between opinions, values and facts, and antennas explain how the . scientific method is prompts for high used to provide evidence for structure of a, facts. 1. Define psychology. Essay Prompts For High School Seniors! Psychology is the scientific study of the mind (mental processes) and behavior. 2. Describe the major schools of thought and theoretical perspectives in psychology. behaviorism psychology based on the premise that it is not possible to phd thesis antennas objectively study the mind, therefore. Behaviorism , Experiment , Mind 552 Words | 4 Pages.

What is the Purpose of Critical Criminology? Critical criminology is a study of crime using a conflict perspective which considers the causes and contexts for essay prompts for high seniors, crime, deviance and disorder; . Criticism Hamlet! it has also been known as radical criminology and the new criminology . Prompts! This perspective combines a wide range of concerns from across the more radical approaches, such as Marxism and feminism. Phd Thesis Antennas! It incorporates a wide number of ideas and essay prompts seniors political strands, generally associated with an oppositional position in relation to conventional criminology . Raising epistemological. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminology 2000 Words | 7 Pages. J. In Essay Writing! Paul Batra Professor Barnes Research Paper Final due 4/19/10 April 1, 2010 Terrorism . Introduction Terrorism is defined loosely based on the Latin word Terre, which means to frighten. To be considered an act of essay prompts, terrorism, which is a political crime, an act must carry with it the intent to disrupt and the change the government and should not be merely a common-law crime committed for greed or egotism. The discipline of economics has many concepts. Abuse , Crime , Criminology 1765 Words | 6 Pages.

? RESEARCH PAPER CHAPTER 1 Group 1: Cordillon, Katherine Odasco, Ma. Raean Dagohoy, Jordan Velasquez, James Introduction Before . technology was developed, people used to do manual ways in doing tasks. Examples of these manual tasks are communication to another person, transportation, searching for structure of a lab report, information, and searching for job offers, monitoring sales and importing products. Essay For High School! In terms of business and entrepreneurships, technology is now a “must” because of the wide competition happening. Business , Business school , Electronic commerce 1339 Words | 9 Pages.

?1.0 Introduction Effective management of organizations and human resources is facing enormous challenges. Paper! Organizations are downsizing, . reengineering themselves to compete in prompts school, the global market and facing an essay explosion of available information (Luthans, 1998). School Seniors! According Max Messmer, CEO of Robert Half, said in a recent survey of 150 executives from some of the nation’s largest companies, that leadership skills were identified as the most important assets of managers (1999). And at the heart of service. Emotion , Emotional intelligence , Goal 822 Words | 3 Pages. ?Essay on VERNACULAR PRESS ACT Submitted to – Professor Anshuman, Faculty of Legal History ,TNNLS Submitted by- Mohamed Ashik Jaman. J Roll . Autobiography! No. – 2013. BA0130039 Class – 2nd Year Semester- III INTRODUCTION : India, has always been proved to be a wealthy Nation, as far as archeology could prove. The Indus Valley is regarded as the birth place of the human civilization and many other prosperous Kingdoms and dynasties thereafter. School! The Country is naturally wealthy and rich with flora. British Empire , British Raj , Democracy 819 Words | 4 Pages.

Pate Professor Ivy Tech Community College Prepared by lab report Jameson Hutchison Business Administration Student Ivy Tech Community . College--Evansville April 14, 2013 TABLE OF CONTENTS INTRODUCTION ……………………………………………………………………………1 MAP…………………………………………………………………………………………..1 RESEARCH………………………………………………………………………………….1 Documents Needed To Travel………….……………………………………………..2 Costs to Travel……………………………………………………………………….. 2 Culture………………………………………………………………………………. Brunei dollar , Chinese Singaporean , Culture of Singapore 1638 Words | 7 Pages. ? Criminology Law Legal Definition Criminology is defined as the scientific study of crime, criminal behavior and law . Prompts For High School Seniors! enforcement. Criminology studies crime, how society responds to crimes and how crime can be prevented. Criminology examines the psychological, hereditary and environmental causes of crime. Structure Of A! It also examines the prompts for high school seniors, modes of criminal investigation and conviction. The study also analyses the reference in essay, effectiveness of punishment or correction methods as compared with forms of treatment or rehabilitation. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminal law 696 Words | 3 Pages. ?1.1 INTRODUCTION At the present time, education is a very important and necessary thing.

Most people make an effort to gain high education in . order to get good chances and have a better life. Some people prefer to essay prompts for high seniors continue their studies locally, while many others choose to study abroad. There is no wrong choices. Essay! Study local or abroad, both have its own advantages and disadvantages. It has becomes a popular trend among the essay prompts seniors, community to send their children to study overseas as for them our local.

Better , Foreign language , Learning 1219 Words | 10 Pages. Introduction : Most business entities, specifically those small enterprises use the manual process of recording inventories. They record . inventories manually on a paper, as well as the product bought, sold and stored. The very in inconvenient process of of drug abuse essay, recording manually made the researcher come up with the idea to essay for high school seniors make an electronic record keeping system for writing, the improvement of the workflow and productivity in the pharmacy while a series of embedded safety checks yields unparalleled accuracy. Asset , Company , Gramophone record 785 Words | 3 Pages.

Chapter 1 Introduction Productivity is about how well an organization converts resource inputs into essay school seniors goods or services. Interview! I choose this topic . of “How to use “MALASAKIT and FILIPINO TIME” for Company’s Productivity, to know the significant of this two Filipino values about the company’s productivity Using different kind of study that I will read in essay seniors, the books. Productivity on essays, the part of employees is important because getting the job done will help the company's growth. If the company grows and. Boss , Filipino language , Filipino people 1487 Words | 5 Pages. ? INTRODUCTION Premarital sex is something which almost everyone knows about. Some proudly proclaims that they engage in prompts seniors, while others do it . secretly.

However, there are still some who do it but are unaware of such term. Different people view it differently: for feminist, some it’s acceptable while for some it’s a big sin. At present, there is an increasing amount of discussions in seniors, newspaper and magazines in which various things attributed to premarital sex are discussed. It is said that the Philippines is. Adultery , Fornication , Human sexuality 1361 Words | 2 Pages. Introduction to of drug essay Criminological Theory Classicism, Biological and Psychological Positivist theories Dr. Ruth McAlister Week 3 Lecture Aim: . For High School! The aim of this lecture is to introduce students to the birth of lab report, criminology as a discipline and to outline early thinking on criminality Learning Outcomes ?By the essay for high seniors, end of this lecture students will: ?Have a better understanding of the ‘birth’ of criminology ?Appreciate the pros and cons of early criminological theory more generally in attempting to understand. Cesare Lombroso , Crime , Criminal justice 1145 Words | 7 Pages. Chapter I INTRODUCTION This chapter presents the introductory part of the study. It contains the background information of the phd thesis, study, . statement of the prompts for high school seniors, problem, significance of the study the scope and limitation of the study, operational definition of terms, and conceptual frame work of the feminist criticism hamlet essay, study.

Plastic waste is one of the major components in solid waste, and considered as one of environmental problems in the Philippines particularly in the urban areas. Essay Prompts School! Plastic shopping or carrier bags are. Bags , Plastic shopping bag , Plastics 1220 Words | 4 Pages. ?1.0 Introduction Technology grows fast and there are advancements that develops and life is getting better because of of drug abuse, it. Technology made . every task as easy as possible and nothing seems too tiring if human tasks are aided with technology. It can be applied in any aspects of life.

For us, we will use technology for the development of our so-called FACULTY MONITORING SYSTEM. Our system will not only school seniors, help our fellow students but also our professors and of a school administrators. Some students experience. Caloocan City , Diploma , Education 1001 Words | 4 Pages. ? Introduction I totally agree of B.L. Cheung statement which he point out that the prompts school seniors, Hong Kong reforms were not motivated by causes essay the standard global . claims about suppressing big government, improving efficiency or coping with fiscal crisis; they have been more linked to essay school seniors macro-political changes in reference, the territory’s transition towards 1997 when a changeover in sovereign control. However, I will to essay prompts school compare of the others authors included Eliza Lee and Donald Tsang who show that the slow economic and phd thesis antennas financial. Chief Executive of Hong Kong , Donald Tsang , Economics 1951 Words | 7 Pages. INTRODUCTION The economic contraction in the 1930s, propelled by the collapse of the economies in industrialised states, had a ripple effect . on the small vulnerable economies of the prompts seniors, Caribbean.

During the 1930s, the region started to experience economic recessions due to a decline in reference in essay writing, exports. The repercussions were even greater for those countries locked into monocrop production and dependent on the trade relations that existed between them and essay prompts school seniors the developed countries of Europe and the U.S. The. 1930s , Business cycle , Caribbean 2116 Words | 6 Pages. INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINOLOGY Criminology 100 . Sociology 233 Fall 2012 Professor: Freda Adler, Ph.D. Research Assistants: University of Pennsylvania Walter Campbell Department of Criminology . Bankruptcy in the United States , Crime , Crime prevention 970 Words | 5 Pages. Criminology in the society: Does it contribute in the decreasing of delinquency? Belen Perez ENG300-13: Advanced Middle School English . Vicki Foss 15 October 2013 Belen Perez Teacher Foss ENG300-13: Advanced Middle School English 15 October 2013 Criminology in writing, the society: Does it contribute in the decreasing of delinquency? The term “ Criminology ” comes from the prompts seniors, Latin Crime which means accusation, however this science studies many other things than just the crimes themselves.

This field. Crime , Crime prevention , Criminology 834 Words | 2 Pages. ? Criminology in Pakistan Criminology Is Obsessed With the hamlet, Crimes of the Powerless at essay prompts for high the Expense of the Crimes of the Powerful . One of the recurring themes of criminology is prejudicial application of law to structure various sections and groups in the society. “Law governs the poor and rich rules the law” profoundly reflects the divide in selective operation of law to the advantage of seniors, certain sections at the cost of others. Unfortunately this divide is also visible in the academic and reference writing intellectual. Corporate crime , Crime , Criminal justice 2089 Words | 6 Pages. The future of essay prompts for high school, Criminology etc. Criminology is, as John Lea (1998) points out, not so much a discipline as a field, its . Lab Report! distinctiveness is not its knowledge base but the form of its focus: theories of crime, criminal law and the relation between the two - in this it is a sub-category of the sociology of deviance. It can, and never should be, conceived of as a separate discipline, its categories and prompts processes are social constructs, they have no separate ontological reality. It cannot, therefore.

Crime , Criminal justice , Criminology 1590 Words | 5 Pages. doi:10.1093/bjc/azt012 BRIT. J. CRIMINOL. (2013) 53, 568–587 Advance Access publication 11 April 2013 MAKING HISTORY Academic . Criminology and Human Rights Therese Murphy and Noel Whitty* Keywords: criminology , history, human rights, law Introduction Contemporary Anglo-American academic criminology seems increasingly aware of, and interested in, human rights.1 Dotted through recent high-profile scholarship, human rights are being linked to different forms of criminological method. Criminology , Critical criminology , Genocide 10211 Words | 35 Pages. ?Running head: CRIMINOLOGY IN THE FUTURE 1 Criminology In The Future Laquita Taylor Criminology 314 . Instructor JP January 31, 2015 Running head: CRIMINOLOGY IN THE FUTURE 2 This world is paper constantly changing every day. When the essay prompts seniors, world changes, the people change, and new technology populates, and so does the crime rates.

Criminals will try to essays autobiography create new ways to commit crimes. The criminal justice system should pay close attention to these new technologies to prompts seniors keep the essay, people. Crime , Crime statistics , Criminal justice 820 Words | 3 Pages. arson by proving the for high school, behaviour is learned by of drug essay observing models. School Seniors! However, both the theories fail to take into feminist criticism hamlet account individual differences. Essay For High Seniors! Bibliography: . 1. Carrabine, E., Cox, P., Lee, M., Plummer, K. and South, N., (2009) Criminology : a sociological introduction (2nd edition), London, Routledge 2. Hill, A. (2012), ‘Girl in critical condition after fire that killed mother and siblings’, The Guardian, 17th October, 2012, p. Writing! 12 3. Essay School Seniors! Home Office, (2011), Criminal damage and arson effective. Albert Bandura , Bobo doll experiment , Crime 760 Words | 2 Pages. Criminology LW3CRY Introduction Criminology is paper interview a 20-credit option taught using a mixture of lectures and . seminar classes. There will be 25 lectures, mostly in the autumn term, followed by 5 seminar classes in the spring term, and lectures and seminar classes will follow the same structure. Lectures will provide an overview and explanation of an area to facilitate individual learning; seminar classes will consist of essay for high, discussion of questions and issues raised in advance.

Active participation in. Crime , Crime data , Crime statistics 9141 Words | 44 Pages. Compare and Contrast the Classical and Positivist School of Criminology. Compare and contrast the ideas of Classical criminologist (e.g. Beccaria and Bentham) with those of the early Positivist (e.g. Lombroso, Ferri Garofolo). . Introduction During the mid to late seventeenth century explanations of antennas, crime and punishment were embraced by many philosophers Thomas Hobbs (1588-1679), John Locke (1632-1704), and Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1712-1778) and essay prompts for high school such theorist as Beccaria (1738), an Italian who was highly recognised by his great success through his essay ’Dei delitti. Capital punishment , Crime , Criminal justice 871 Words | 3 Pages. How Has Feminist Thought Influenced the essays, Discipline of Criminology?

How has feminist thought influenced the discipline of criminology ? In attempting to answer the question how has feminist thought influenced . the discipline of criminology ? This essay will briefly discuss the development of feminist thought within the essay prompts for high seniors, discipline. This essay will then discuss the phd thesis, female emancipation leads to crime debate which was the essay prompts school, focus of liberal feminists, like Adler and Simon, before focusing on ben franklin, the radical feminist notion of school seniors, patriarchy. This essay will then discuss how. Crime , Criminal justice , Criminology 2275 Words | 6 Pages. ?Amanda Damon January 29th, 2013 Introduction to Criminology Dusan I. Bjelic Exam 1 After reading the structure, assigned chapters and prompts for high school seniors . viewing the videos, discuss in your essay why “legalistic” definition of crime is not sufficient to cover all criminal activities: The legalistic definition of crime is not sufficient to cover all criminal activities because the word crime means for someone to perform act upon or do something that is against the law and can be a threat against antennas the public. It does not cover. Corrections , Crime , Criminal justice 1441 Words | 5 Pages. other words, what Sampson and Laub suggest is essay school seniors that strong marital attachment and job stability are directly connected to phd thesis antennas adult crime and deviance. . Reference Sacco, V. F. Kennedy, L. W. (2011).

The criminal event : an introduction to criminology in prompts for high school, Canada. Toronto: Nelson Thomson Learning. Sampson, R. J. Laub, J. H. (1992). Crime and deviance in autobiography, the life course. School! Annual Review of Sociology, 18, 63-64. . Attachment theory , Crime , Criminology 1408 Words | 6 Pages.

LESM A305 Unit 1 The focus of criminology 130 Course team Developer: Designer: Coordinator: Members: Prof. R J Harris, University of . Hull Cliff Hall, OUHK Dr Garland Liu, OUHK Dr Raymond Lau, OUHK Kwan Ming Tak, Kalwan, Consultant External Course Assessor Dr Dennis S W Wong, City University of criticism hamlet essay, Hong Kong Production ETPU Publishing Team Copyright ? The Open University of prompts school seniors, Hong Kong, 2003, 2011. Reprinted 2013. All rights reserved. No part of this material may be reproduced in any form.

Crime , Crime statistics , Criminal justice 22239 Words | 69 Pages.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
Writing Prompts - DePaul College of Education

55+ Free Resume Templates For Word. There are a lot of free resume templates available on the internet but sometimes it can be really difficult to choose the right one that is most suited to you. Most websites that offer resume templates can often over complicate things by having clever titles for the different styles of template on offer, and sometimes the descriptions can be so confusing they can leave you with your head spinning! Not sure which resume template you should choose? We work differently here at essay school Freesumes. We want to help you as much as we can so we have made it as simple as possible by dividing our free professionally crafted resume templates for personal use into four easy to phd thesis antennas, understand categories; modern, elegant, creative and prompts for high school, classic.

You will not have to spend hours of your time scrolling through thousands of templates that can all look very similar – where is the fun in that? Freesumes have simplified the search task for feminist criticism, you and essay school seniors, narrowed down the choices we offer you to feminist criticism essay, the best performing style of templates available. Let#8217;s take a look at each section and why they may be a good fit for you: In today#8217;s highly competitive job market your resume needs to stand out prompts for high school seniors, . Our modern resume selection have been crafted to offer stylish, crisp and fresh themes that are designed to be easily readable and highlight specific information that you want to get across to your prospective employer when they first skim over your resume. According to recent research by TheLadders, hiring manager spend as little as six seconds skimming over resumes before making a decision about a candidate. This a very high performing set of templates that are working well for those seeking IT and tech based jobs that need to stand out from the crowd. The Internet has affected people#8217;s reading behavior over the years. Instead of reading top to in essay writing, bottom like they used to, people are now constantly skimming for information.

Our modern templates have been structured with this in mind and prevents any of your important information from being overlooked. Feel free to prompts school, take a closer look at writing our latest styles listed below. Each template can be fully personalized and will create a great first impression. The Intelligent Applicant. For High Seniors. Our elegant range of free resume templates are an ideal choice for criticism hamlet essay, those of you with plenty of work experience already under your belt. Prompts Seniors. These templates have been designed to feminist criticism hamlet, be clean-cut and prompts school, straight to the point . They are structured to guide the paper reader#8217;s eye so you can impress recruiters without overwhelming them with too much information all at once. We understand that you want to essay prompts school seniors, get over to your prospective employer how much experience you have.

Our elegant designs will help you to causes of drug abuse, deliver that message and show how perfect you are for this position without any unnecessary flourish or distracting frills. A great tip here is to essay prompts school seniors, remember that hiring managers are busy people. Feminist Criticism Essay. To make it easier for them to reach you remember to for high school seniors, hyperlink your email address so that you’re only one click away. Take a look at our elegant range of templates below: When you are applying for causes essay, a job that relies on school, the strengths of the individual, you need a resume template that you can inject a bit more personality into to make it ‘pop’. Many jobs that involve building one-to-one business relationships, a creative drive or flair for art and design need to essays autobiography, attract people with a strong personality. Our creative templates allow you to stand out from the crowd. The sleek designs and layouts we present here will get your resume noticed. Adding some unique style to your resume will make your personality shine through and will easily separate you from your competitors that have submitted bland or harsh looking resumes. Each one of our creative style templates offer a perfectly balanced mix of personality, professionalism and a touch of style. You can distinguish your resume from others by using our punchy designs, but remember that these work best for creatives who want to get themselves noticed. These templates are great for a graphic artist or designer for example, but if you are applying to become an accountant, you may want to essay school, go for an elegant or classic design instead.

Browse our range of of drug essay, Creative resume templates below: The Sophisticated Candidate. Sometimes all you need is for high school seniors, a classic style template that is clean, clear and straight to the point . Reference Writing. Quite often an employer will take on a temporary worker or a freelancer and then offer them a permanent position at some point later down the school seniors line. In these cases the human resources department may only essays autobiography ben franklin, need you to submit a resume to go on file and essay prompts school, any of these classic designs will fit the bill perfectly. Structure Of A Lab Report. Classic resumes are also good for those who are looking at a complete career change. They want to tailor their resume to better reflect the skills and experiences they have that suit that particular job. Prompts For High. Most hiring managers are only concerned with finding the right hire. Structure Lab Report. At the end of the day they want to read something easily to be able to pick out the prompts seniors relevant information they need. When applying for a job in a large company you may find that they use specialized software to help weed out candidates. This means that your resume is first read by a robot before getting through to an actual human.

Sometimes resumes can be too busy with text bunched together, use fancy fonts or distracting background colors that obscure text – these are more likely to of drug abuse, be rejected by a robot. This can be avoided or greatly reduced by using a clean and classic resume layout that includes the correct keywords that the company is looking for. A classic style resume template is also easy to essay prompts, customize. You can include your work experience, qualifications and any special achievements you have gained that will catch the eye of your prospective employer. You can easily adapt the information on your resume to fit the causes of drug requirements needed for for high school, each role and abuse, you will be confident that your resume will always look great! Take a look at our Classic style template selections below: Once you have chosen your perfect resume template from essay for high, our selection, follow our free expert guidance about how to craft the perfect modern resume. We can help you to narrow down the elements that are essential for you to include on feminist criticism, your resume – as well as what to avoid!

Everyone hopes to gain a chance to impress potential new employer at a job interview, but there is no denying that interviews can be very stressful! We also offer sound advice about how to nail your next job interview. Sharing is essay seniors, caring! Trendy Resume Template Giveaway Sense and Style. Tips for phd thesis antennas, a Successful Phone Interview (Part 2) Copyright © 2017 Freesumes All Rights Reserved.

Premium Word Resume Templates, FREE!

Write My Research Paper -
Senior Portfolio Essay Prompts - Mat-Su Borough School District

The Steelpan and its diasporic travels. DTS 403 final paper Shaun Poon 996792350. Final Paper: Steelpan and its diasporic travels. Original Steelpan Group. Rising Stars Steelband.

Trinidad and Tobago Stamp. -National Identity: Currency- Trinidad and Tobago $20. Objects surround us; they create environments, create memories, and for high school, without a doubt can create an individual. An object can be so many things at paper interview, once and prompts school, provide a world of interpretations to the people who interact with it while telling a story that can transcend populations and unify people throughout various nations.

This is reference writing, what truly makes an object diasporic, its ability to carry meaning across various national boundaries and connect people from different places and spaces thorough different times while sharing a common perception. When we look at the work of Arjun Appadurai, and essay prompts for high school, his interpretations in Commodities and culture of value he takes a focus on the cultural value that an object is essays ben franklin, infused with and the social life that is carried out as a result of this (Appadurai, 5). Prompts For High Seniors! To place a diasporic context on this frame of structure thought, I intend to explore the history of the Steel pan, or Steel drum, a national identity to the country of Trinidad and Tobago, while focusing on the way that this object has truly become transnational. Prompts School! This instrument did not only essays ben franklin, forge a national identity but is prompts seniors, responsible for the unifying of people of various ethnicities and social statuses within the country, which speaks volumes of the story that can be associated with this revolutionary instrument in the history of Trinidad and paper interview, Tobago. As this object has evolved throughout time, adding only prompts for high seniors, value to itself the steel pan has changed hands and crossed borders never once thought, making it representative of a group of people but also providing a series of connections for future generations of the Caribbean Diaspora across the world. But how can an object create a national identity? This is the question that I will explore further in my research as I outline the historic relevance of this object as a representation of a nation and criticism, as a people through a diasporic analysis. The Steel pan, originated in the country of Trinidad and school seniors, Tobago, created out of necessity one could say, and its purpose was to fill the ears of the people with melodic and harmonious sounds during the time of Carnival. As an annual tradition, Carnival creates unity amongst the people of Trinidad for two days before the period of Lent. This street festival allows thousands of people to flood the streets dancing and playing music while parading in various costumes of amazing colours and styles.

Prior to the steel pan, Carnival music was performed in the streets with an instrument made from bamboo, known as the “Tamboo Bamboo”, a hollowed out bamboo post that was tweaked to create a variety of sounds and was used in unison amongst the people in Trinidad during the festivities to create music (Aho 35). This instrument was one of the lower class, and not one that the government had favoured too much, as a result there was a ban on “stick bands” due to the violence between stick bands getting into street fights during the parade time causing much harm (Seeger, 52). However, the history behind this action by the government affected stick bands and drum players alike due to the religious connections that drum players typically had, and the fact that the ideals were against the official church and the government discouraged this (Seeger, 52). This action by the government did not discourage the paper essay, people as they raided the essay prompts for high, scrap yards looking for alternative sounds ending up with garbage lids, brake drums and scrap metal to fulfill their musical needs. Upon discovery they realized the high-pitched noises that garbage cans made when hit on a dented portion and used this as the basis for what became the steel pan (Seeger, 53). After years of tweaking, reverting to oil drums (due to their strength), and adding new dents to incorporate various pitches, steel pans started to take the reference in essay writing, form they are currently known for. The development of the steel pan in the 1930s was centered in the poorer districts of prompts seniors Trinidad by individuals who had very little to no education at all, and were predominantly Afro-Trinidadians.

The people in these areas did not have much opportunity for recognition, areas of achievement or success in phd thesis antennas employment and education, as a result they channeled their energy into whatever was presented to them, in this case it was music and resistance against the “ruling colonial class” (Aho, 32). What creators of the steel pan and school, the steel pan itself represented was distinctive culture and creation of something of interview essay their own, an object to express themselves (Aho, 32). The steel pan was able to give a status to those who were seen as lower on the social scale and provided opportunities for those who had no opportunity to begin with, it was seen as an object of meaning. This one particular object provided an attachment of the lower class to something tangible, it gave them something to essay prompts school seniors call their own and as a result unified those who were involved in the process of creation and playing. A quote from William R. Aho places the steelpan in reference perspective “To them the steelband is not merely another local institution: it is a way of life” (Aho, 37). As popularity of the essay prompts for high school seniors, steelpan grew, the object took on a larger following and essays, started to gain support of essay for high school people from the middle and upper class, including commercial sponsorship which started to essays autobiography ben franklin change the governments view of the instrument and the people as a whole (Aho, 43).

However, this is where a change in role players begins to take place for this object, the commercialization of the steelpan allowed for further intervention by the upper classes, the same people who had been against the movement from the onset due to its creation by the lower class. With that said, the social interactions of the object begins to change form, originally as the only way to provide a sense of belonging for essay seniors, those who were considered less fortunate, the of drug abuse, steelpan begins to become more commodified as it picks up acceptance by the upper classes. With this steady rise and acceptance of the steelpan by the greater population, coupled with the amount of outside interest, the steelpan began to gather international attention that can be traced to the Trinidadian and Caribbean Diaspora as well. Furthermore, to for high seniors help harvest the legitimacy of the steelpan as an paper, identity and symbol of Trinidad and Tobago, with the corporatization and essay prompts for high school seniors, constant popularity, the steelpan/steelband classes began to get offered at schools, and also began to incorporate women from the 1970s onwards (Stuempfle 2). With these types of adjustments made at the level of the state, the paper essay, incorporation of the instrument into the national identity began to take form, and by the time Trinidad had gained independence from Britain, the for high, Steelpan was already a national symbol (Stuempfle 3).

What is interesting about the transition from low class symbol of belonging to structure of a national symbol of belonging lies in the class difference of the people. There are many factors that are responsible for the national praise that the steelpan had eventually received in the latter part of the 1900s, a large part would be the government and its realization that the middle classes were getting involved and saw a need for some sort of national identity because “ all nations need a national identity and in the post-colonial situation a national identity becomes even more important because it reinforces the culture, values and political standing of the nation” (DeLamater 66). From this point onwards and the governments recognition of the essay for high school, steelpan as a national symbol, steelpans became the center of mainstream Trinidadian culture (DeLamater 66). Although the use of the pan has remained the same throughout, it is the recognition that has changed over time, and the meaning of the instrument to the people at large. What must be noted is that this instrument was one that was representative of the “people”, meaning the working class, and didn’t really change hands as it technically joined hands with the middle and upper class. However an of a, important aspect that is crucial in essay the context of structure of a lab report this object is how it gained national symbolism only after its integration into the middle class and use by the “light skinned” or “white boys” of essay prompts for high school Trinidad who bridged the social gap of the instrument bringing attention to the government and mainstream Trinidadian society (DeLamater 67). The steelpan movement is one that has transcended into a great legacy for of drug abuse, Trinidad and Tobago, ultimately forging its national identity along the lines of its independence and was an integral part in creating a more cohesive nation during its time of independence and its future. This helped bring it to the international forefront as bands were featured in the Montreal World Expo as early as 1967, which allowed for the steel pan to be displayed throughout North America (DeLamater 37). Finally, although the seniors, steelpan was considered a national symbol since Trinidad’s independence, its true certification came in 1992 when it was named the official musical instrument of Trinidad and placed on the twenty-dollar bill (DeLamater 1).

It is now an instrument with many followings throughout the phd thesis antennas, world, with large bands throughout North America, Europe and Asia, as it follows the transnational people of the Caribbean Diaspora. Object Social/Cultural Context. The steel pan is an instrument which has a very significant cultural following that is always expanding, this instrument was created out of a cultural festival based in Trinidad and Tobago (Carnival) and has followed not only the Trinidadian Diaspora, but the Caribbean Diaspora as well. Prompts School! As previously mentioned, the steelpan is responsible for writing, forging a national identity in the country of Trinidad and school seniors, Tobago, and with this identity it has truly become a transnational instrument. Of most instruments currently in existence, the steelpan is one of the youngest as it was created in feminist hamlet the mid 1900s. It serves a primary purpose as a musical instrument, however not all see it like this, the for high seniors, context of this instrument has changed over time, once being a way for hamlet essay, the “underclass” to essay for high find sense of causes of drug abuse belonging in a place where they were unable to, and now it is an instrument that has strong Caribbean ties throughout the essay prompts, world.

The journey for the steelpan has not been a long one, but it is indeed one that is significant to the transnationalism of the Caribbean. Originally, the steel pan was created as a single instrument, however as the instrument gained popularity it has only been modified to keep it modern throughout the evolution process. The original steelpan, otherwise known as the criticism hamlet essay, ping pong or tenor pan has been joined by a series of other designs of various pitches, tones and essay prompts for high school seniors, sizes. This has created what is known as a steel band, so not only did this instrument produce a means of expressing ones musical talents but is responsible for forging bands and paper interview, groups of essay school seniors people for a central purpose, performing music. Appadurai states “commodities are things with a particular type of social potential, that they are distinguishable from products, objects, goods and other sorts of things – but only in certain respects and from a certain point of phd thesis antennas view” (Appadurai 6). From the initial creation, the essay school, steelpan had a purely social benefit for the people, created out of essay scrap metals from a scrap yard; the value of essay school seniors this object had more social significance than monetary. It was not created for economic exchange yet still held a state of abuse value that was present from the tedious process of essay prompts school creation. The steelpan for the people of Trinidad did more than create a sound, it was a lifestyle, and an object that created a sense of belonging out of materials that had no other significance than holding oil. The social benefit far outweighed any sort of exchange at that present time, it allowed for a connection to be formed with an object that eventually formed an identity. Interview Essay! William Aho writes, “ In the case of steel band music, they were using their own distinctive culture, instruments and music of their own creation, to express themselves and to define an acceptable and comfortable social location for themselves in their own eyes, in the eyes of their peers, and in the eyes of the communities in which their bands were based.” (Aho, 32). There was no monetary gain, only the essay school seniors, pleasure of being a part of something that was of their own creation, at this time this created a sense of cohesion for those who were apart of the movement as George Yeates (leader of the antennas, Desperadoes steel band) expresses: “The steel band was the only pursuit at the time a young man could have involved himself in and sort of gave a status to essay for high seniors a village youth so that when you come from Desperadoes or the Laventille Hill and you go to another district if your band is a powerful band, you will be respected” (Aho, 32).

The steelpan was seen not as a commodity but as an identity for those who became a part of phd thesis antennas it, the social context of this instrument was everything for prompts for high, them. Steelpans represented freedom of interview expression for people who were marginalized and ended up becoming a way of essay school life expanding the horizons for musicians throughout the country. It was even publicized that the steelpan was crucial in the development of National Life as outlined by a committee report that stated that the essays ben franklin, steelpan not only brought a form of for high school knowledge to the people about music, but also was responsible for instituting a form of community amongst them. While also contributing to discipline, band organization, and practice to help individuals who never had the chance to acquire these skills adjust to a progressive role in society (Aho, 35). Initially, the steelpan was not seen as an object of feminist criticism national identity and created a cultural conflict between the lower classes and for high school seniors, the middle/upper classes due to its following, what the middle class saw as “less desirables”. However, with the acceptance by the middle class and the commodfication of the phd thesis, instrument, the cultural context changed. No longer was the steelpan an instrument that represented the struggles of the lower classes as it became corporatized. Regardless, it is the acceptance of the instrument by the middle and prompts for high seniors, upper classes that were responsible for forging the national identity because in the end they were the “decision makers, the politicians and the educated”.

Along with that, the use of the object goes from one that was presented during the carnival time, to one that became a commonly utilized instrument as it starts to get used for paper interview essay, playing weddings, concerts and various festivals showcasing the talents of these musicians. The common practice of this instrument can be linked to a musical revolution in Trinidad as the genre of Calypso music helped to bring the steelpan into the light of those abroad. With the commodification of the steelpan, the object truly starts to essay for high school take on a transnational aspect as it becomes fine tuned and produced to cater to so many different classes of people, many of whom are responsible for the exportation of the steelpan to North America and the rest of the world. The transnationalism of the pan. As the steelpan began to antennas take on more of a commodity based approach to the people of for high seniors Trinidad, and as people from causes abuse essay across the world started visiting Trinidad for essay prompts school seniors, Carnival, known as a true tourist attraction for the island, this, along with the increasing demand for pan music helped to assist in the transnationalism of the pan. “Economic exchange creates value,” says Arjun Appadurai (p3), and reference in essay, as the people of the steelpan joined with the corporatization of the middle class, this is exactly what happened. The corporatization of the steelpan not only assisted in its transnationalism as an object but also helped to resolve a lot of class differences relating to the pan including the violence that was known for happening amongst bands (DeLamater 61).

Furthermore, to school represent the transnationalism of the steelpan the types of sponsorship received can accompany it, and essay, during its time of rapid evolution from the 60s onwards, steelbands started to obtain large-scale sponsorship from international organizations such as Coca Cola, Guinness, and Shell oil company, to name a few (DeLamater 61). These are corporations that have international recognition along with a global following that assisted in the legitimacy of the pan on a global scale. However, during the latter part of the 90s there was a huge migration of people from the Caribbean to for high all parts of the interview essay, world seeking a better future, many throughout North America and Europe. Essay For High Seniors! For this reason the transnationalism and recognition of the pan is more evident. The steelpan is transnational both in repertoire and in its performance by musicians from a variety of countries around the world; Trinidadian pannists are dedicated to the promotion of the steelpan as a transnational art (Stuempfle 17).

Panorama, the of drug abuse essay, annual national steelband competition can be tied to the transnationalism of the steelpan as well, representing the Trinidadian identity, while also showcasing Trinidad as a cosmopolitan nation – as a people who participate in transnational arts (Stuempfle, 211). Although it is native to Trinidad, the steelpan has gained international attention since the 1950s with the widespread of migrants to North America, and prompts school, England. Autobiography Ben Franklin! A form of belonging and nostalgia can be represented in the consistent spread of the steelpan, as pannists themselves have influenced foreign nations in being educated by for high school seniors the pan. Along with this growing formation and acceptance of the essays ben franklin, pan, there has been a number of steelbands connected with colleges and essay prompts, high schools as well, in South America, Europe, Africa and Asia for example and also programs designed in teachings of the steelpan such as here in Toronto at essays ben franklin, York University (Stuempfle 14). Not only is the context of the steelpan one of national identity for those in Trinidad, but also the instrument has provided a sense of “caribbeanization” to places that never had strong Caribbean ties, most notably New York City, now home to the largest Caribbean Diaspora in the world (Allen Wilcken, 1). Ray Allen argues that in places that house diasporic groups, like New York, objects such as the prompts for high, steel pan for the Trinidadian and antennas, Caribbean Diaspora present a sense of national pride for them (Allen 128). The formation of various steelpan programs harvests this pride, discipline and competitiveness for the transient populations as well, while setting up opportunities for their future generations (Allen Wilcken, 129-30). The Steelpan as a diasporic object is one that most definitely characteristic of the term diasporic, however it is not solely the Diaspora of the prompts, object alone as it is for the nation of Trinidad. The ability for the steelpan to be recognized globally and create its own following of bands, competitions and musicians has allowed for people all around the essays ben franklin, world to be exposed to its beautiful sound. With this recognition, it is only fitting that an object of such relevance to the national identity of essay prompts school seniors a country be considered a national symbol.

What this object successfully does is represents different spheres of a nation, originated by the lower incomes and classes, the steelpan found its way to acceptance by paper interview essay the middle and upper classes which ultimately started to form its diasporic origin. Throughout time, the historical significance for this object has grown for some and diminished for prompts for high seniors, others. Its principle purpose has remained the same in its short history but in its most recent years it has gained the most of its international prominence as a truly diasporic object along with its diasporic culture. The largest following of the steelpan can be traced to North America where I came across a classic steel pan documentary made in 1956 titled Music from Oil Drums by Toshi and feminist hamlet, Peter Seeger. Essay Prompts Seniors! This piece put many diasporic claims of the steelpan into thought as it was filmed by Americans admiring the cultural tradition of the steelpan and causes of drug abuse, their interest in bringing in back to the US to share it with their people. For High School Seniors! I have attached the phd thesis, file in my bibliography because it is representative of essay prompts school how this object has transcended throughout time as this was filmed shortly after creation, it is a testament to how the steelpan has changed over times as it focuses on the instrument from its original conception. Conclusion of National identity.

Steelpans have served as a means to express ones oppression, as a means to express ones perseverance, their musical talents, and finally as a way to express a national identity. Phd Thesis Antennas! This object has moved from the predominant lower class to the association with the middle classes and resulted in transformations throughout time and seniors, space. For an object to instill a sense of pride and hamlet, recognition for an entire nation is something that is not that is easily achievable, however for it to garner international attention and followings is something that is truly remarkable. In such a short lifespan, the steelpan has been able to find a representation amongst millions allowing it to become accepted across borders of the world. I set out to identify how an essay school, object could produce a national identity and for that question there are many answers. In Trinidad specifically, the structure of a lab report, steelpan was able to forge a national identity because it was relative to the people of the country, although not initially, the steelpan began to find its place amongst the people, integrating various classes and races. The meaning of the steelpan in a diasporic sense has lost some claim as it was initially an instrument created by the working class and was representative of their fight against oppression and essay prompts for high school, yearning for a sense of criticism hamlet belonging. Currently the steelpan is seen as an instrument dedicated to the Caribbean and musical development. Essay School Seniors! It is hard to believe it, but the object had very minimal support in the early years and while gaining support, as it was refined it eventually was able to create a much larger following. There are many key players that are involved in forging a national identity, most notably for the steelpan were the government and the middle class, but the internationalization of essays corporations throughout the world and their recognition of the steelpan can be attributed to this as well. The steelpan is an object that can easily represent the struggle of a people, the essay prompts for high school seniors, forging/independence of autobiography a nation and the transnationalism of a culture on a global scale based on its history.

It is an object that is essay prompts for high school seniors, representative of the hardships that were faced in the past and eventually brought together the masses. Interview Essay! As a result, the making of this instrument as a national identity is necessary for a nation that was “identity-less” before and after its colonization and represents not only a change but also a sense of essay prompts for high seniors belonging. For the diasporic groups of Trinidad and the Caribbean throughout the world, the steelpan is a testament to a sense of ben franklin pride and belonging for those who find themselves attached to it, and even those who have never touched it. Originally as a way to express the voice of the powerless, the school, steelpan presented more opportunities than ever imagined. The steelband movement became a coming together of antennas high and low, local and foreign, presentation and participation, creating a space for national dialogue (Dudley, 274). With this in mind it is prompts school, phenomenal to see the connections that the steelpan can create across boundaries, because practically everybody can create a form of attachment to music. Writing! The livelihood of the steelpan is responsible for prompts school, so many things, but amongst them all is the sense of belonging for those who come from Trinidad, as it has become a symbol of who they are. Furthermore, as a third generation Trinidadian and a first generation Canadian-Trinidadian, the autobiography ben franklin, connection to this instrument has presented me with a sense of belonging because this object represents not only the nation of my family, but also a relation to the nation through my family. With that said, the steelpan has been able to prompts for high cross so many transnational barriers in such as short time, and its historical and social context is one that continues to grow with the times and presents a world of opportunity, and essay, also the ability to garnish a sense of belonging for future generations. Prompts School! This is autobiography, what undoubtedly makes an object a national identity, its ability to essay prompts for high school be a timeless entity while preserving its context.

“Steelband Music in causes abuse essay Trinidad and Tobago: The Creation of essay for high school a Peoples Music.” Latin American Music Review 8.1 (1987): 26-58. Allen, Ray, and Lois Wilcken. Island Sounds in the Global City: Caribbean Popular Music and Identity in New York . New York: New York Folklore Society, 1998. Print. (1986) Introduction : Commodities and the Politics of Value. In A. Appadurai (ed) The Social Life of Things: Commodities in Cultural Perspective. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Pp. 3-63. (2007) Music from Behind the Bridge : Steelband Aesthetics and Politics in Trinidad and Tobago . Oxford: Oxford University Press.

“White Collegeboys Steebands” in 1950s Trinidad.” Arizona State University Paper : 1-84. (1986) The Cultural Biography of Things- commoditization as process. In A. Appadurai (ed) The Social Life of Things- Commodities in Cultural Perspective. Cambridge- Cambridge University Press. Pp. 64-91. The Steelband Movement / the Forging of in essay a National Art in Trinidad and essay school seniors, Tobago . Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania, 1995.

“The Steel Drum: A New Folk Instrument.” The Journal of American Folklore 71.279 (1958): 52-57.